Starting a Tree Farm

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just got done laying out my jig I use for the pot placement, which is a super technical masonry line with tabs of tape on it and then a piece of wood with a line drawn on it for how far away from the string the center of the home should be. Now my flags are set for 75 more holes to auger out.

As you can imagine my wife is super thrilled to be able to help with this, especially considering the quarantine and I got no buddies coming over to help :). It all has to get done one way or the other and needs to happen before my irrigation guy shows up in a few weeks to extend the watering line.

OI000021.JPG

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I really wish you could time the arrival of trees a bit better. It's always an "oh, now this" moment when you go outside at 4PM only to see a big ass bag that you know has 75 or 100 trees in it that you have to plant NOW. Glad I have a gravel bed :)

trees.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really wish you could time the arrival of trees a bit better. It's always an "oh, now this" moment when you go outside at 4PM only to see a big ass bag that you know has 75 or 100 trees in it that you have to plant NOW. Glad I have a gravel bed :)

View attachment 35435

i used to have some friends bring me stuff to use in the gardens and it seemed like they would call saying they were going to come out right when i'd been outside for most of the day and dead tired or in the middle of some project (i'm always in the middle of some projects here anyways).

it worked out in the end, but it sure could make for some interesting times. :)

i had some wet leaves hot composting in the garage and didn't notice it until a bit too late... walked out into the garage the next morning and wondered why it was so warm in there!

Last edited:

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i used to have some friends bring me stuff to use in the gardens and it seemed like they would call saying they were going to come out right when i'd been outside for most of the day and dead tired or in the middle of some project (i'm always in the middle of some projects here anyways).

it worked out in the end, but it sure could make for some interesting times. :)
I just for an arrival notice for today for some more trees. At least I'm expecting them at this point, so I can watch for that and hopefully get to do it earlier in the day, or at least not do a few hours of hard labor not expecting to also have to shovel in my gravel bed right after.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
When you give someone else control of your schedule you've lost control of your schedule. When you have to rely on someone else to deliver something when (or even if) it arrives is out of your control. Can be frustrating, especially when you have to be ready to receive it and do something with it.

Latest posts