State Fair

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
went down to get my stuff yesterday afternoon and found out they changed the day of pickup to today between 12-5pm. so, since i work had my dh go pick them up. for many years they always had pickup on the last day of the fair. :rant sending my dh was disappointing since i couldn't be sure everything that got dropped off was picked up.

i got back most of my stuff but very frustrated they either tossed or didn't bother to give back any of the 7 varieties of tomatoes. i really wanted those back for the seeds. they also didn't give back a comprehensive list of what won or how much to expect back in a check, or when to expect the check.

i do know something got 1st and two other items got 3rd. very disappointed this year with how disorganized their staff was.

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Picked up my stuff. Two blue ribbons, three white ribbons, and five red ribbons. The carrot cake didn't place, and neither did the blueberry muffins. Got a white ribbon for the brittle, and the buttermilk pie took second. Pickled eggs took top prize, as did my crocheted rug. Kraut took third. The brown eggs took third, the green took second. Slippers took third, rabbit's foot took second. Competition was pretty stiff this year! Total cash prize $56.00.

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Picked up my stuff. Two blue ribbons, three white ribbons, and five red ribbons. The carrot cake didn't place, and neither did the blueberry muffins. Got a white ribbon for the brittle, and the buttermilk pie took second. Pickled eggs took top prize, as did my crocheted rug. Kraut took third. The brown eggs took third, the green took second. Slippers took third, rabbit's foot took second. Competition was pretty stiff this year! Total cash prize $56.00.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
To me, it sounds like you did pretty good. Are you happy with the results? Was it worth all the effort? Will you do it again next year? The big question, What do you plan to do with that whole $56.00? :D

Mary

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's awesome happy acres! I keep saying I want to make enough stuff to get a booth at the local festivals around here, but I never do. One problem is I dont have the storage space for the items I make. :/

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I will definitely enter next year, I have to try and do better! Was it worth the effort? Yes, since we get to keep/use the results (except the baked goods) . As for the money, l took a friend to lunch, bought two new to me skirts and a blouse, bought six books, and a Tunisian crochet hook, and I have $5.00 left.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know it's worth it when you're willing to do it all over again. I'd say you got alot out of that $56. Now, you have experience behind your belt for next year!

Mary

Latest posts