Steven Kings Christine

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have not slept all night, my head is pounding and I feel nauseous. My el camino started leaking oil, so I had it flatbeded to shop. My nephew was friends with guy who had towing company, they picked up car last night. 9 pm I got a phone call from my nephew there was a accident unloading car, tow guy was killed. They where on a hill and the brakes on truck gave out, guy tried to jump in truck and was pulled under and crushed. The truck took out a whole line of parked cars before stopping. my nephew and his girlfriend watched it happen. On the phone with me all he kept saying was " he was my friend". The only car not damaged was the el camino. This winter the car was at another shop where the roof collapesed from snow almost all cars inside where totaled again el camino had no damaged. I never believed in curses but this car is freaking me out. I have no idea where it is now and dont care.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
OMG! :hugsI am so sorry for you, :hugsyour nephew, and :hugshis friend's family.

I started reading expecting to enjoy another of your humorous adventures. My heart stopped with shock when I realized how serious it was. Of course you are feeling that way. :hugsAny caring person would.

I wouldn't be too quick to blame the car. How many good years' use have you had out of it? Still, I just might be looking for something different myself. Sometimes the smallest sense of fear, uncertainty, or unease is likely to cause a 'self-fulfilling' prophecy -- like an accident that someone without knowledge of the vehicle wouldn't experience.

I don't have many icon choices other than what is on this site and nothing comes close to expressing the care and concern I hold for you. Hugs, love, and peace to you.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
NYboy, Red expressed my thoughts very well. It is no wonder you are feeling ill. What an awful string of bad coincidence. NOT your fault or the El Caminos. Thinking of you, sending hugs to your nephew and his GF, too. :hugs

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, I have deep compassion for you, your nephew and girlfriend, the tow truck driver and his family. It was a freak accident, not your fault or the car's fault. Jumping in a moving vehicle is very dangerous, yet how many of us would follow our first instinct and do exactly what the tow truck driver did?

Sending big hugs to you, I am deeply sorry.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so sorry for you and the people involved. I don't know how you could be able to drive the vehicle again, although it wasn't the el camino's fault. Like Red said, the karma surrounding it may inadvertently affect your driving safety. Probably best to sell it to get it out of your sight. Maybe you could donate the money from selling it to a charity, to kind of break the chain of heartbreak. Please know that we are praying for you all, and hoping for healing.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good grief! What a tragedy...It does kind of seem like something odd is going on with that car. I don't think you could ever look at, quite the same way.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks everybody you don't really know how much the suport from all of you means to me. Spoke to police they have car, it is not impounded but they have to hold till investgation into accident over.I have been debating about going to funeral not even sure when it will be. friend tried telling maybe car is charmed nothing seems to hurt it. I dont know what i will do about car,I just know I cant look at it and not think death. Thank everyone for your kind words.

Latest posts