stinky mountain ash

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that mountain ash flowers smell like a stinky diaper pail? :sick Or is it me? My computer is by a window open to the front yard and a nice breeze is blowing but I keep smelling a urine smell. I don't have dogs or cats so nothing peed on the rug near me but I get a smell of it now and then. I didn't think about it anymore until I was sitting on the front porch reading and kept smelling it again. I walked over to the mountain ash tree which is blooming as it is the culprit! It really does smell like urine but I never noticed before. Weird!? :hu :idunno

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would go out and plant some flowering tobacco plants for a lovely strong night scent to cover it up! Works on my back deck to cover the smell of pond. :D

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
vfem said:
I would go out and plant some flowering tobacco plants for a lovely strong night scent to cover it up! Works on my back deck to cover the smell of pond. :D
Yes I like those - had some last year in the back and they have redeeded themselves. I also have evening scented stocks that smell heavenly but are not blooming yet either. The tree will be finished blooming soon. Its just that I never really notice the stink before.