Story time...

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have done some pretty nutty things but I can honestly say I could not bring myself to grab a skunk by it's tail. :hide

Our retriever got out of the tent one night when we were camping, to save us from a skunk. She got it by the neck and shook it. After spending the rest of the trip with her, I can't imagine that smell in my house for weeks! Or do you not smell it after a while? :sick

She seemed pretty leery, almost terrified, of cats after that. :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have done some pretty nutty things but I can honestly say I could not bring myself to grab a skunk by it's tail. :hide

Our retriever got out of the tent one night when we were camping, to save us from a skunk. She got it by the neck and shook it. After spending the rest of the trip with her, I can't imagine that smell in my house for weeks! Or do you not smell it after a while? :sick

She seemed pretty leery, almost terrified, of cats after that. :D
On a camping trip up at the farm next door to my brother's place, We where all sitting around the camp fire when his dog decided to get the skunk. It was dark and all we could see where the eyes. Then the SMELL! :sick

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boy what an attitude. That's really taking one for the team. I went out with the dog today at 4 AM and I could smell that old familiar smell. And of course I thought of you and envisioned the skunk whirling around your head. I wish I was a cartoonist.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
cartoon-character-skunk-21988761.jpg
Lesa's skunk friend.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When I lived in the city I had a pellet gun for such occasions. After bathing an 85lbs a German Shepherd in the middle of the night with a garden hose trying to keep the smell outside I don't take chances.

Although I'd rather deal with an army of skunks than a single porcupine.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love the skunk cartoon! Maybe I need a tattoo? Hopefully, I am smart enough not to grab a hold of a porcupine...I think. That would have been a contender for the win on Funniest Video's. I still think I could have won that with my mouse story...but that is for another day!

Latest posts