Straight Men And Bed Linens

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh @Nyboy You make me laugh! NEVER EVER come look in my Bedroom ! Bed might be 1/2 way made (you know, covers pulled up but not smooth or straight.) As for matching sheets.... top and bottom sheet match. Pillow cases could be ANYTHING ;) AND ….TMI on your entertaining info :ep

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
How about sheets that don't match :hide:ep:ep:ep
It would not matter, because my bedroom is not a guest room, and no one else will see it (or better not). Since I sleep in the dark, I probably wouldn't even notice. Maybe I already have miss-matched sheets, and don't know it (running upstairs to check)... yup! :D

DW picks out the linen, and there are things a wise husband knows better than to criticize. :duc If the sheets are clean & there is a soft pillow under my head, I'm a happy camper.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do have matching sheet sets, but there was a time when I bought sheets on bargain basement sales, one sheet at a time. They did not match.

That's the way I love to buy linens...yard sales, Good Will, etc. I know the colors and prints I like, so when I find things that will "go" with what I have, that have the right thread count and beauty, I buy those. I really don't like buying prepackaged sheets sets when I can avoid it...don't really like the whole matchy matchy look.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
How many do this anymore, when I was young beds were made first thing in the morning then top sheet and blanket/bedspread were folded back and the bed left to air for a couple of hours and then remade. Once a week top sheet replaced bottom sheet, bottom sheet was washed.

All our bottom sheets are fitted so we can't rotate them.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Same here, Ridge. Not only is mine fitted but it came with extra bands of elastic placed in the corners that keeps it super tight to the bed, which I LOVE. Can't stand a wrinkly bed.