Straight Men And Bed Linens

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Ask my nephew he thinks making bed not manly
He would be the FIRST to complain to the management of ANY hotel/motel that gives him a room with a bed NOT made!!!
The reason (which he should know at 30yo) is that regular sheet changing, with a mattress cover regularly washed, keeps YOU clean. I have stable chores every day, and if I don't wash my fingernails I carry the barn with me all day. His hair will start to carry the smell of a dirty bed with him.
Guess entitled youngsters need to learn things the hard way. =/

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
...more...
I have 9 sets of sheets for my bed that I try to rotate and a change every week. If you do the math, each set is used about 5x/year. This winter I decided to just wash the flannel sheets (not part of the nine) and put them back on bc they are so warm, and last winter was SOOOOOOOOOOOO Cold! They are washed every week.
A well made bed feels so very good when you get into it.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
He would be the FIRST to complain to the management of ANY hotel/motel that gives him a room with a bed NOT made!!!

That's what puzzles me about folks who like a messy bed or a messy, cluttered house, saying it makes them more comfortable to live that way. I wonder if they go to a hotel and request a room that's already messy so they will feel more at home?

Or, if finding the hotel room not clean, do they complain? I've always wondered about that. :D

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's what puzzles me about folks who like a messy bed or a messy, cluttered house, saying it makes them more comfortable to live that way. I wonder if they go to a hotel and request a room that's already messy so they will feel more at home?

Or, if finding the hotel room not clean, do they complain? I've always wondered about that. :D
Hell yes they complain, they don't mind their mess, they do mind other peoples mess!!!!

THANX RICH

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

i may not mind clutter, but i do mind if a place is dirty, stinky or icky - there's a difference...

however, as far as hotels go, the first thing i do when i get in a room is pull the bed apart and then i go find the little note that says "please don't wash my sheets" because i'm not gross where i usually need them changed every day. i'll also re-use towels for a day or two before having them washed. air dried they are fine as long as it's not too hot/humid out.

i can't stand the smell of mildew or smoke so if a hotel room has been gross like that i've asked for a different one (that's happened perhaps twice in my life - i'm not a big traveller any more anyways).

i have visited a few friends where i would not want to stay overnight.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hell yes they complain, they don't mind their mess, they do mind other peoples mess!!!!

THANX RICH

i'm paying for a clean room... i expect it to be clean. what i do with it is my business as long as i'm there and not breaking/destroying things...

i've always left most places i've rented or stayed at cleaner than they were when i found them. hotel rooms are likely the exception, since i don't feel like i have to clean them before leaving, but i do neaten up by collecting the towels/cloths into one pile in the bathroom and making sure i don't leave stuff behind.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
When DH and I were hard core campers we always tied boots together, tied the hat to the boots, put the gloves inside of the boots and laid our clothes underneath our bedroll. We do kinda the same in a hotel room, packing the day before with only what we need for the next morning out. Then we each go through the room to check for anything that we might have forgotten. I also buckle my travel (always analog) watch to my purse so I don't forget that, either.
We, too, put the towels in a pile and I usually make the bed every day anyway.

Latest posts