Strawberry 2022

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Phaedra Geiermann , went back an re read your posts. Never realized that strawberries are mentally challenged and love abuse.
They are just tough! I recently found one strawberry plant growing from the gap between stone plates. It builds and enjoys its little kingdom and is self-sufficient - no direct sunlight, no water (only rainwater), no feed. I guess, it's from a runner of the strawberries I planted in the plastic planter last year. They will land in a few weeks and start to grow after reaching the soil.

That's why strawberry isn't less tough or invasive than weeds. :p
5297(1).jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are just tough! I recently found one strawberry plant growing from the gap between stone plates. It builds and enjoys its little kingdom and is self-sufficient - no direct sunlight, no water (only rainwater), no feed. I guess, it's from a runner of the strawberries I planted in the plastic planter last year. They will land in a few weeks and start to grow after reaching the soil.

That's why strawberry isn't less tough or invasive than weeds. :p
View attachment 49967

woodland edge plants. they like moisture and plenty of organic matter but also need sun to get a good crop. after a few years the plants need to be renewed if you want to keep them in the same garden space and arrangement.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's again time for strawberries to send their runners. I took all the strong ones and removed the weak ones.
After harvesting the potatoes in the carton, it's perfect for recycling the soil for this purpose.
6821.jpg

6822.jpg

There will be at least 40+ new plants, and I will plant them on the ground next year for a huger harvest. The price of food also increased like hell in Germany. Last week, I realized that a pack of 300g of local strawberries now costs about 8 Euro!

Homemade strawberry jam is the best of the best. I tried earlier strawberry + mint, so yummy!
6912.jpg

Latest posts