Strazzberry???

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I saw them last week in a catalog as well.
Looks interesting but I don't know enough about them to order them either.
It seems like they perform like any other strawberries, just with a different flavor.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh I've seen them, but I wasn't sure what to do with them?! If you try them, let us know how they turn out. I'm really interested in hearing about them. :D

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
LOL I'm not that brave, I just ripped out 100 and some strawberry plants last summer. Grandpa planted them like, 15 years ago and the trees grew up in that time so that the plants werent getting ANY sun and just made for a bunch of small, sour fruit. I like trees better than berries... so until I decide a new spot for strawberries I wont be getting any unless the curiosity about the Strazzberry gets the better of me...

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
In our section on brambles in class they talked about a Tayberry. It's a cross between raspberry and blackberry. Anyone familiar with this one?

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
No, but I always thought Marionberries were like that... they are a black berry but to me they tasted like they had raspberry in them... we just used the wild "junk" berries that grow all over in Washington, so a Marion berry was a very different experience.

I would not mind having a Tayberry! I am still comptemplating Strazzberries on my porch...

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Setter, Tayberries are grown often here in the UK & they are delicious. My neighbor has one growing along wires on his very sunny garage wall. It is very prolific & the fruit is delicious. It is more like a rasberry but about 4-5 times the size & a deeper red. He never waters it even in very hot, dry summers. He says I can take a cutting or two to see if I can root it but I think it would probably be better to bend a branch down And let the tip root into a pot (like a blackberry) Maybe I'll try both ways as I want to grow it in my garden. I already have a whole lot of summer-fruiting raspberry canes & I've just ordered some autumn-fruiting ones Which should arrive any day now. Wish me luck as I love raspberries and tayberries :love :love :love

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
Hi Setter, Tayberries are grown often here in the UK & they are delicious. My neighbor has one growing along wires on his very sunny garage wall. It is very prolific & the fruit is delicious. It is more like a rasberry but about 4-5 times the size & a deeper red. He never waters it even in very hot, dry summers. He says I can take a cutting or two to see if I can root it but I think it would probably be better to bend a branch down And let the tip root into a pot (like a blackberry) Maybe I'll try both ways as I want to grow it in my garden. I already have a whole lot of summer-fruiting raspberry canes & I've just ordered some autumn-fruiting ones Which should arrive any day now. Wish me luck as I love raspberries and tayberries :love :love :love
I DO wish you luck Hattie. I may have to try to find some tayberries. They sound wonderful! Thanks for thr info.

Latest posts