stubbed toes and mud pies

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i packed up the peas today and took them to the garden club meeting so if nobody showed up i could get something done with them.

since i normally arrive early i can often get something done even if i don't get much done after the others show up. so i was able to knock the dust out of a few flats and do some re-arranging and that was about it because the other two regulars did show up and we got chattering about things and ...

i did get to meet a new person but i don't think they'll be coming to the regular meetings, but every contact means that they may know someone else who is more into gardening and that is never a loss. :)

it's at least the first step in cleaning things up a bit more here in my hideyhole by having those flats emptied and dusted out and i can then get on to the next stage of dealing with the peas ----- and even if i don't get back to them for some reason they are in reasonable enough shape that i could put them all in one box and take them to the seed swap and they could all be accessed well enough if someone was interested in taking samples...

one interesting aspect of the garden club meeting was talking about some bean growing for the county fair one of the other people does, but i will save that for the bean thread(s)...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
ugh, now not only having leaky faucet and a cracked sink that needs replacing also have a leaky nose that can't be replaced. my brother visited yesterday i hope i didn't give him a cold. :( i wasn't sure yesterday if i was sick or it was just a temporary reaction to whatever, but then later in the day i felt more stuffed up and was dripping even more. meh!

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ugh, now not only having leaky faucet and a cracked sink that needs replacing also have a leaky nose that can't be replaced. my brother visited yesterday i hope i didn't give him a cold. :( i wasn't sure yesterday if i was sick or it was just a temporary reaction to whatever, but then later in the day i felt more stuffed up and was dripping even more. meh!
Sounds like your body is telling you to rest flowerbug-- hope you feel better soon!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like your body is telling you to rest flowerbug-- hope you feel better soon!

:) this too shall pass... :) thanks! :)

i'm certainly taking it easy. working on some accounting stuff. nothing needs to be done outside. all sorts of things need to be done inside but they can wait until whenever. no emergencies for the moment. Mom is doing her usual quilting and i'm over here in my room just being a general blob.

the plumbing stuff is going to be done by someone else... they've not called yet.

the sun is bright today. :)

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
at the moment i feel pretty much normal with a slight crud in the throat. my nose isn't running because i'm not sitting or standing and my sinuses aren't plugged up at all. no sinus pressure, no congestion in the lungs.

i did have chicken soup and plenty of hot sauce for dinner. :) magic!

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
at the moment i feel pretty much normal with a slight crud in the throat. my nose isn't running because i'm not sitting or standing and my sinuses aren't plugged up at all. no sinus pressure, no congestion in the lungs.

i did have chicken soup and plenty of hot sauce for dinner. :) magic!
Whenever I feel like I'm getting a cold or something I get some fresh cilantro, orange juice, and vodka and blend it up and drink it. It really helps me feel better!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whenever I feel like I'm getting a cold or something I get some fresh cilantro, orange juice, and vodka and blend it up and drink it. It really helps me feel better!

Mom has her bottle of lemon juice, honey and whiskey on hand, but that is for coughs and of course if you drink enough of it you won't care how you feel... it's so old and there's not much in it. i will drink hot chocolate instead with hot sauce or green curry paste mixed in it. this morning i've just been drinking water and having cereal for breakfast. i'm not hungry at all but i eat anyways.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
adding this here too. some things belong in more than one place. :)

doggie pictures, they are fading now and no negatives of them that i know of.

still here are a few snapshots i took a little while ago so i could post them, they are not scans, but instead pictures of pictures and not really good, but you get the idea. :)

Chastity was the last dog we had during my younger years, quite a character with a lot of stories. We had two dogs before her (even more stories!)…

DSC_20240123_191809-0500_2290_Chas_thm.jpg

Of course she had puppies (not so chaste after all), 13 of them and she didn’t know what was going on to begin with and sat on the first one (which didn’t make it), the rest survived (including the runt, which we called Runtski). As far as we know all went to good homes, when Runtski was placed at last we were sad to see him go and some years later we heard from them that he was doing ok. No other contact with anyone that I know of. Yes, we did get Chas spayed after that.

[you might be able to count 12 puppies in this picture]

DSC_20240123_191746-0500_2289_Puppy_Chow_thm.jpg

They were always so much fun if you would give them any attention they would swarm at you. Attack!

DSC_20240123_191602-0500_2287_Puppy_Invasion_thm.jpg

Puppy piles and puppy breath.

DSC_20240123_191613-0500_2288_Puppies_thm.jpg

if you see capital letters at the first word of sentences i'm pretty much just copying and pasting text from:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You should tell us ..

. who is the kid(s) in the pictures?

Those plaid pants are almost a giveaway for a date.

it's such a faded picture i really can't tell. it might be my oldest brother for the bright pants and my other brother for the tan shirt. Mom hasn't had a chance to look at that album yet, she might be able to figure it out. we may need better light and a magnifying glass... i might have been the one taking the pictures.

all us boys wore hand-me-downs from my sister. me being the youngest by the time anything got to me i was happy it didn't have holes. i still have zero regard for fashion to this day... clean and covered were the keywords. :) and not because Mom didn't keep things clean or get after us for keeping clean, but us being kids we were always into something. by this age all of us were doing regular chores and knew how to do most of the basics. Mom was busy working three part-time jobs and long days.

Latest posts