Suggest a plant for me

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ooooooh, yeah ligularia is a great idea Lesa! Also , you could look into
cimicifuga (common name is black snake root or something unappealing like that) umm, actually I think they changed the name of the cimicifuga to actaea (?) At any rate it is really pretty, it's a perennial, and it has dark lacy foliage with a creamy frothy bloom.

Then theres aconitum (monkshood) with a blue bloom and aruncus (goats beard) with a frothy white bloom, and my all time favorite;
:love thalictrum, a tall (5 - 6 ft.) airy pretty plant with a lavender bloom

If it were me I would go for about three different types of plants of staggered height, with some thing 6 -12 inches in the front.
All of these are bog friendly, (I grow them too and I'm bog-free, so they're versatile) and can handle the acidic soil.
If your slab is new it may be leaching a bit of lime into your soil for a few years. Just something to consider. ;)

AmyRey

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oooooh - those are all pretty too!

So many choices now! :D

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
If it was me I would plant Emerald Green Arborvitae. It would make a nice screen around your AC units.

Just remember that you will want around 3 feet between the AC units and the outer most part of a adult plant because those AC units put out a lot of hot air and will take in a lot of air and with out good air movement your AC wont work as good as it should.

Chris