Summertime Chaos

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You were missed around TEG - see?

attended/worked at fund raising events for our local firefighters,

This is a real good thing and not just because of the job those people do. The volunteers taking up table stations are likely to be real good people, too. Valued and not just for their appreciation of the firefighters. See - there you are amongst them :).

Now, find out everything that they know about your new community. Way back beyond the earliest memories of those present. Nothing quite develops a sense of place as a map within the imagination of your location before all these folks showed up. They may feel an ownership. That's okay. Your imagination will predate their reality. Somebody once said that a dream is a thousand times more powerful than reality.

Steve :)
who crossed this border over 5 decades ago

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Good to see you here. YEP, you where missed. ;) when you have time catch us up on the flower beds, future garden and chickens.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi MissSweetDaisy, I was just remembering the other day, your beautiful troughs that you had in Texas. Will you ever have those in your new place? You inspired me to get one and I have 2 blueberries planted in it. I would love to get another one but I just don't have any room.

Mary

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is certainly a busy time here now that I'm surrounded with family. It seems they are taking turns with who is priority for medical issues. Good grief!! :) I guess they were just saving up for when I got moved up here, and now there's no holding back.

I grew a few garden treats this summer, including tomatoes, eggplant and purple basil from Steve (thank you, thank you!!!!!!), as well as green and yellow zucchini. I didn't get a formal garden put in, but patio pots and random flower bed plantings did pretty well for me even in the wicked heat we had. And I have some pretty awesome neighbors who kept me supplied with fresh raspberries, corn, and now apples!

Not sure about the trough planters.... The ones I used in Texas were just ones we had laying around the farm. I am not sure I will go out and buy new ones for here. I'd rather plant in the ground here, since the soils are so much better than what we had in Texas.

I need to put a plan in place for spring bulb plantings. The chicken coop area needs to be cutified, for sure. :)

Latest posts