Sweet Wild Syringa

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Same thing happens with cattle, believe it or not. Black Angus is what is the "thing" right now, so black calves bring more at the sale barns than other colors. I remember when it was red calves that brought the higher price and before that, anything that looked like a Charolais ( off white color). As far as I know, the meat is still red. :th

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I heard someone say once that horses are empathetic creatures. I believe it's true because they are such masters of reading body language.

I got news today that one of my older brothers died last night. After crying on my husband I went out for some outside time and to share my grief with the horses.
The outside of a horse is good for the inside of this woman.

I think Kent would have appreciated knowing a horse was so sympathetic.

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I heard someone say once that horses are empathetic creatures. I believe it's true because they are such masters of reading body language.

I got news today that one of my older brothers died last night. After crying on my husband I went out for some outside time and to share my grief with the horses.

Oh Dear Thistlebloom, I am so sad to hear of his passing. Besides parents siblings are the hardest. So many childhood memories and adventures shared.:love So happy your horses are there for comfort. Big hugs and tears from hear too. :hugs

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

nothing makes things like this instantly better, getting one day to the next is what i do.

:hugs

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry also, Thistle'. It's wonderful that we have critter friends to help ease us through these life trials.

While we were both visiting Dad yesterday, I related a little about other distant cousins to a (shirt-tail) relative. She had only met one and that cousin is the youngest daughter of a youngest uncle. And, that cousin is over 60.

We are all so olde! Should think of it as: so lucky!

The lady I was talking to must be about 60, also. Her shirt-tail cousins range above-80 ..! Dad is waiting for a call from one of his nephews who just reached that milestone. I know that the call will mean a lot to him and Dad might remember that "kid" when he was a little boy ...

Some of the generation before didn't live anywhere near that long. The last of Mom's brothers once told me that since he had passed 80, he hoped that his thinking and memories would remain clear and worried because "all my sisters had problems." We left it unsaid that he had already outlived one brother by 10 years and another by over 20. We call these problems with the mind and body "failures," at the end of life. We should leave that word for the wonderful healthcare people. Family and friends need a different word.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We call these problems with the mind and body "failures," at the end of life. We should leave that word for the wonderful healthcare people. Family and friends need a different word.

maybe "moments"? it is a word that i like and as sub-words it has two of my favorite other words in it (mom and ents :) )...

Latest posts