Sweet Wild Syringa

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That fun sharing with your friend makes me think of a new entrepreneurial scheme, Thistle'.

HorseSharing.

Sure. It could work like those scooter and bike rental systems. Car2Go ... your phone app opens the door of the Mercedes and off you go ... leaving the car on the street with the company plugging the meter. Someone drives around with a trailer at 9pm to collect the ride and after the horses are deactivated.

I haven't quite figured out how the app to charge the user works to activate the horse. I think it would have to do with the saddle and the bridle. Press a button, stirrups descend and reins become available. Climb aboard and head out!

Steve

Hmmm.... I see you wrote this before you had your coffee, Steve. :p

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just watched on Netflix today about sacramento jail that gives inmates wild horses to tame. Called Lock up Extended Stay : Taming Wild s1 E1 very good watch it if you have netflix
There seem to be more and more prison programs that team an inmate with a dog to train. I would think taming and training a horse would require a lot more patience and skill than training a dog. Wonderful programs, both of them.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always found stuffed animals kind of creepy and very sad.

Me too!!! And I grew up in a house with mounted deer heads sticking out of the walls...never did think they were necessary nor lovely. Just something very weird about a severed head sticking out of one's wall. Even creepier to have a whole stuffed animal in the home.

Just something wrong about decorating with dead animals.

@thistlebloom , I am love, love, loving your story of Syringa!!! She's beautiful and has a very sweet face...and she looks like she trusts you in those pics. Such a wise way of going about learning her language.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You had a mule Cane? That sounds like a good story. I love mules and donkeys (which comes in handy since I'm related to @majorcatfish and @seedcorn )...

braying mule.jpg

I once bought my husband a green broke mule (he's not a horseman). Great little mule named Cactus. They had fun together. He was a 4 year old pack mule and green broke to ride when I bought him.
I was young and reckless, but I promise there was no life insurance involved. :D

Tell us about your mule Cane, was he a draft?