Tea Garden

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have started a tea garden! I have a wide variety of herbs to add to black and green tea. Super excited for everything to get established so I can make lots of different tea blends! Here is what I have gotten so far...,

Chamomile
Lemon Thyme
Cinnamon Basil
Pineapple Sage
Lemon Verbena
Lemon Balm
Stevia
Spanish Lavender
French Lavender
Lemon Mint
Peppermint
Spearmint
Chocolate Mint
Apple Mint
Pineapple Mint
Mojito Mint.....(mainly for Mojitos, hehe)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have plans for a herb garden. Now with so much room, I can plant lots of things. HPQ your tea garden sounds wonderful! There is sassafras trees growing here, the roots make great tasting tea. They send out runners and saplings pop up. A few roots goes a long ways.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel like I should be exploring the world of herbal teas a little more.

Lemon verbena and anise hyssop are an absolute favorite blend. I'm not a great fan of lemon flavor by itself but lemon verbena is just fine by itself, to my taste.

I've always liked licorice flavors :). There are a whole bunch of them! I can still remember discovering root beer as a kid ...

Of course, there are a bunch of citrus flavors, too. So, if I like one combination ... :)

Steve

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have plans for a herb garden. Now with so much room, I can plant lots of things. HPQ your tea garden sounds wonderful! There is sassafras trees growing here, the roots make great tasting tea. They send out runners and saplings pop up. A few roots goes a long ways.
Very cool! I wish stuff like that would grow here!

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HPQ, how about growing bergamot. It is used in making Grey Earl tea.

Mary
There is a place near my house called Prairie Restorations that grows native plants and they have bergamot. I contacted them last week but just haven't made time to stop yet. I plan on getting some!

Latest posts