Tea Garden

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't plant yarrow. You will regret it. Ask me how I know.
I bought a skullcap plant the other day. Does anyone have any experience with it? The seller said it likes damp, partly shady.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If you are planting herbs, I would recommend oregano. It grows like a weed and fills in quickly, and then pulls out easily when you want to make more room. Don't know about YOU, but I am always weeding beds, so this is just an FYI to help. :D
I do grow oregano but it doesn't get all that big here. I'm trying it in a pot this year to see if it does better. I live in sugar sand so certain things just don't grow!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is VERY invasive and stubborn. Grows thicker than mint, but not as long as the roots of mint. I haven't seen it grow through concrete yet, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not only invasive and stubborn, but I found mine wanted to grow in all sorts of places except where I had planted it. Moved out and on with no regard for my wishes.

ephemeralcas

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Wowww! I want to do this! I am a tea lunatic. As in, I love tea SO much. How cool to grow and dry your own tea. Kudos to you. :)