TEG on the go?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Years ago someone made a mistake somewhere and I was issued a company cell phone. It gets TERRIBLE reception at home and to use it at all, I have to stand at a certain window with it against the glass - not exactly convenient but free is a really good price. Through a series of managers over the years, I found myself included in the uniform program and the safety bonus program. None of these are things that scalehouse staff usually gets.
We’ve had some restructuring at corp and region levels over the past few months and I have been removed from the uniform program. Last week when I was asked to order the bonus vouchers to be given out at the next safety meeting, they were 1 less than usual. No confirmation yet, but I’m pretty sure I’ve been kicked out of the safety bonus program too.
So – I decided to start checking around to see about getting a new phone.
My Sis and BIL have one of those plans with ALL the bells & whistles and they upgrade their phones a couple of times a year. They agreed to give me her old phone and add me to their plan for a very reasonable amount.
Now – the question is – does TEG have a mobile app?
This whole ‘app’ thing is new to me. Took me a week (and eventually help from a kid) just to get on facebook). I’m starting to get the hang of it though and I’d love to be able to check in on TEG over the weekends when I’m not near a desktop.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't look at me~ :hu I still carry a CHEAP old flip style phone that only makes and receives calls. I do not text. No apps available for that dinosaur.:\ I bet someone here will have the answer though.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aren't all people on both the left or right coasts incredibly savvy about these sorts of things ;). I sure don't think TEG has an app, Debbie. If it had one, I'd guess that information about it would show up for every mobile user.

My cell phone isn't smart altho' if I didn't use text it would be useless to me. I also use a tablet with a 7" touch screen. "Everything TEG" on the PC's monitor is on that little screen. (It helps when I don't have my digitS' on it also!)

Mobile web views help on some websites, altho' they can be a little too restricted for someone used to a desktop monitor. Hmmm, TEG doesn't seem to have that - I don't notice a difference when I switch by "asking for another view."

I find that it really helps me to use a stylus for the 7" screen. Planting my digitS' on a smaller screen cell phone looks like it would be really, really awkward ..! There are lots and lots of links on the TEG page - lot's and lots! It helps not to have to be fumbling around with hit & miss.

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was thinking that there wasn't one yet. BYC has one.. but oddly, there is no link from the 'cell phone BYC' to TEG. :(
Oh well, it's probably for the best since I would get NOTHING doen if I could get on here anytime a thought, or question, or funny idea crosses my mind. o_O

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
BYC has a mobile view.

It's a little weird for me because I so seldom show up over there.

If I ever get around to posting, I'm sure it is easier for the tablet ... or, easier for the user of a tablet that is ...

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
company wide last year they give all the key employees verizon apple 4 phones. before we had nextel/sprint you had to right below one of their towers to make a call.

very pleased with verizon either on wifi or roaming can pull up teg web site and browse or post.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No app that I know of. I browse TEG mobile all the time though, using the Safari web browser on my mini ipad. Right now, in fact, we're driving through heavy traffic in Boise. Well, hubby is driving (like he's been doing all day!) and I'm browsing and surfing and shopping.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would think that if you have internet access on your new phone, you can just google TEG and get on it that way. You could probably make your own "app" for it. Guess it depends on what kind of phone you have. I have pulled up TEG on my phone, but I don't really like trying to read much on a small screen, so it wasn't comfortable for me. As long as I have a lap top, I'll probably just use it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No app that I know of. I browse TEG mobile all the time though, using the Safari web browser on my mini ipad. Right now, in fact, we're driving through heavy traffic in Boise. Well, hubby is driving (like he's been doing all day!) and I'm browsing and surfing and shopping.
Boise?! We're you in Billings yesterday when it was 50°f, Heather?

I think @marshallsmyth is from somewhere down in the Montana banana belt! Funny how he decided to move to California ...

;) Steve

Latest posts