TEST

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thisle I so wish you could prune with ESP. It is so large and full i am afraid to touch it . Cane I call that area death valley I want vines to cover the pillars, but there is something call iteam 4 instead of soil.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
You bred some very nice pups. Let us see a close up of your pride and joy , bred in the purple pups' pedigree . Since dogs are your business... looks are everything so improving on customers' first impressions of your property is a wise investment as in property appriciation as well as a nice business tax deduction ( consult a knowledgeable as well as a reputable CPA ). Three of my neighbors have mature red maples just like yours... I pruned them severely ( like remove 60% to 75% of their branches that grow downward ) 2 winters ago after a hard freeze and fully dormant to shape them more like a contorted Bonsai maple look. They are growing great and look fabulous. Regarding the statuary, three in a row makes the area look cluttered. Why don't you spread them out to more favorable locations, pour concrete pads larger than the bases and even with the ground and place the statuary on the pads to cut down on weekly grass trimming maintenance. Juan and Jose will be pleased and you will have more money in your pocket. :ya

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yea! Pics! You know we have all been dying to see your landscaping. :D The pups are darling. :love Looking forward to more pics!

@bobm , now we are expecting pics from you too. ;)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I grew up in a small city in Connecticut. The house across the street had 2 lions guarding the front entrance. I always thought it was the most beautiful and luxurious home in town. I have even thought of putting some at our entrance but seems silly with the old Yankee stone walls. Beautiful.

Last edited:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Looks are everything" Bob at one time I believed that. I breed for temperament above all else now, then health, looks now last. I lost interest in dog shows when my partner died. My kennel stonybrook has over 80 best in show wins. In the early 80s had a bearded collie call name was copper. I don't think copper ever lost the breed, rare when he didn't win the group, Went Best in show a few times. Everyone in bearded collies bred to him. Copper had no problem biting, everyone who wanted to bred to him was told this. no one cared he was such a prefect looking dog. I would guess over half the puppies he shired had to be put to sleep for bad temperament. Today I will take a dog with faults and good temperament over a dog that is picture of breed standard that bites.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kudos on your convictions NYboy. Too bad all breeders of all animals don't have the same standard.
Lots of stories like yours. I have an acquaintance who breeds Rotts.
Her first female was shutzand trained, very smart and confirmationally perfect. But she couldn't trust her loose in the house. More than once the dog had her husband pinned against a wall, growling and threatening. It seemed to me that if that dog couldn't recognize and get along with a human family member there was something unhinged in it's noggin and shouldn't be bred. My friend didn't agree with my reasoning and just saw the dollar signs.

Same thing with horse breeders. There was a thoroughbred stallion with phenomenal speed but he was very dangerous and nobody could go in a stall with him. He even savaged some of the mares brought to him, so they ended up using him for AI breeding only.
If he'd been mine he'd be compost.

Latest posts