Texas BBQ Catfish

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Down South....fried catfish, slaw, hush puppies, french fries/fried okra. Huge glass o' sweet tea (spoon must stand up in glass), and a big bowl o' peach cobbler w/ ice cream for dessert. If that don't give you a heart attack.... :plbb:thumbsup

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Down South....fried catfish, slaw, hush puppies, french fries/fried okra. Huge glass o' sweet tea (spoon must stand up in glass), and a big bowl o' peach cobbler w/ ice cream for dessert. If that don't give you a heart attack.... :plbb:thumbsup
Ha! At first I thought Bay had posted this! That sounds sooooooo good! I love hush puppies too and haven't had them in a long time.

Mary

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ha! At first I thought Bay had posted this! That sounds sooooooo good! I love hush puppies too and haven't had them in a long time.

Mary

When I lived in the deep South-sorry, i just don't consider SC "DEEP" south. I learned to dip those resh hot hush puppies into the creamy cold slaw dressing. I had NO idee....being from out west. :ep Omg.....so good :thumbsup

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coleslaw dressing? Would catchup blended with mayonnaise do?

I didn't like either when I was a kid. Then as a young guy I found a fast food place that would serve their French fries with the two in combination. Silly how I finally came around to being willing to eat them.

I still don't want mayo as a salad dressing except for coleslaw and I still know of only one place that has coleslaw that I want to eat. I'll eat it elsewhere but with no enthusiasm ;).

Blackberry cobbler and blackberry pie? We had so many blackberries around ..! Fresh, I was happy with them but pies, pies and more pies! The blackberries were frozen by the gallon so it was difficult to get away from them. Late fall, I could interest the family in pumpkin. Yay!

Peach? Oh boy, we had acres of peach orchards in all directions!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cherry and cream cheese cobbler:drool

if you want a quick version take 8oz cream cheese and mix with a little lemon juice and a can of sweetened condensed milk. put down layer of favorite granola, spread on, let firm, put on cherries to serve. helps to soften/cream the cheese first before adding the rest. yum. don't even have to bake it so should be safe for you. :)