That rascal!

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks Steve, I'm sowing tomatoes again today. @thistlebloom I'm pretty sure if you looked up a definition of mischief in the dictionary there would be a picture of these two LOL!

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Nyboy their mirror imaging of each other is pretty darn cute. I kind of suspect they were abandoned pups from the owner of a JRT up the road we once found wandering about. The man had called me about taking two puppies not long before these two showed up.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Those two doggies are beautiful. And yes they look like "trouble magnets". Try to enjoy their antics.

My daughter would have fit right into the Gilbert & Sulivan act. She was always into mischief. When she was somewhere between 2 and 3 years old she pulled a flat of seedlings down off a low shelf in Grandpa's garden shed. He had just watered the plants and they all came out of the flat onto her head. Oh what a mess!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last year I had a 5 year old visiting. He was playing with my dogs in the safety of fenced in backyard, while the adults enjoyed a glass of wine. When I went outside not 1 tomato plant was standing.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh no! That must have been a shock @Nyboy !

This year I will have to fence my side yard tomatoes for the first time away from another one of my dogs who is ball crazy. Last year I think she started picking tomato fruits because they resembled her red ball, but then developed a taste for all colors of tomatoes. She ate all the low hanging fruit (then the tornado took the rest)!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@flowerweaver there is such a cross as a border jack. It's a deliberate cross between a Jack Russell & a Border Collie. They are common in flyball competition and to a lesser extent in agility.

The idea is to create a VERY fast, very smart tight turning little dog with energy to burn.

When I saw your pups I thought JRT or Border Jack. It doesn't sound like your pups are a deliberate breeding but Google the border jack it might surprise you.

Sorry to hear about your tomato starts. At least you have enough seeds to start again.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Jared77 thanks so much for telling me about the Border Jack breed...I think you are right! It was very interesting to read more about them. Years ago I used to do agility with a 10 yr old Dachshund when I lived in the big city, it was a lot of fun for both of us. He won a couple of competitions, both on speed and willingness to tackle the toughest stations. I've often thought Gilbert and Sullivan would be good at some type of competition. Gilbert would be flyball and Sullivan agility I think based on their interests and abilities.

Lost tomatoes already resown, dog forgiven. It must have been a mouse :)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You're welcome. I have some friends who are serious about agility and is how I know about them.