The 2014 Little Easy Bean Network - Get New Beans On The Cheap

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Honeycomb,

Thanks for all your choices. You get two free beans from my website if you like. Those free beans you don't have to return any new seed.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Honeycomb, I hadn't turned the page yet and seen your free choices when I made the above post. Oh well. Got em, and you'll have them soon.

Naomi Schoenfeld

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Woot! The new thread is up! :D

If you're already including one from the African collection with the others we've talked about, Bluejay77, then we're good to go. Let me know if there's anything else you need from me!

Can't wait for the growing season to start....

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Russ, I'm spacing my seeds wider than before. Last year 22 bush bean seeds went into the same space that this year I'm putting 12 bush bean seeds. They are going about 1 foot apart on grid. Actually using my tape measure.

Not sure if I'll get 6 seeds of all varieties planted. Working on the first set of 3 seeds each still. First 3 seeds of all African varieties were planted a couple days ago, and today I got all but 6 varieties of the bush beans planted, 3 seeds each.

Russ, which varieties besides the African varieties are most crucial for me to increase the most? Perhaps the outcrosses?

The last 6 bush varieties will either be planted tomorrow or Monday. Soon as those are in, in the main part of my garden I'll begin planting the pole Beans.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do any of these beans like 90 - 100 degree summers and no humidity? In the Sierra Foothills at about 1300 ft elevation. I love beans and saving the seeds for my and other's use.

On my new Yahoo group similar to Freecycle, Foothill ReCyclers, I mailed out 6 packages of 3 types of organic squashes to folks around here. With our drought and increasing food prices, its important to teach people how to grow some of their own food.

Thanks!

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Woot! The new thread is up! :D

If you're already including one from the African collection with the others we've talked about, Bluejay77, then we're good to go. Let me know if there's anything else you need from me!

Can't wait for the growing season to start....

Hi Naomi,

Among the beans I sent you "Giant Of Stuttgart" is the bean you grow for renewal and send 25 seeds back in the autumn. Hope you got your package by now. I sent a whole bunch of packages last tuesday
April 8th.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Murphysranch !

Last year Baymule had some trouble with her Texas heat with some beans but they finally flowered and produced pods and then ripe seed after things began cooling down a bit in September. 90 degree weather doesn't seem to make beans sterile here where I am. Our summer weather bobs back and forth from 80's to 90's with a few 70 degree days in the mix during they're flowering and producing period in July and August. You could always plant some beans and just see what happens. First hand experience in your climate and enviornment is always the best.

Naomi Schoenfeld

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi Naomi,

Among the beans I sent you "Giant Of Stuttgart" is the bean you grow for renewal and send 25 seeds back in the autumn. Hope you got your package by now. I sent a whole bunch of packages last tuesday
April 8th.

Giant of Stuttgart sounds awesome -- and a perfect match for my bean patch. Can't wait!

No package yet, but I wouldn't worry for another day or so. I've been finding that the mail has been a bit slow lately.

Latest posts