The air is trying to kill me

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just the THOUGHT of that made me throw up a little...
thI3TQBED7.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug. We have bees out collecting TREE pollen right now! Local bee keepers will have bees collecting WHATEVER is in season. Trees, wildflowers, ragweed, etc...

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters my fall allergies are usually worse than spring. Crop dust and mold. Finally I had to go to family Dr. She prescribed and allergy med. Also had me keep taking Claritin that I was trying AND got eye drops (Alaway) and a 24 hour allergy nasal spray. If I start as soon as the sneezing and itching begins I seem to be able to stay ahead of it! Good Luck. (Do not take them all at once! I stagger them. RX at bedtime , Claritin with breakfast, nasal spray mid-day and eyedrops as needed.) BE sure to check with your pharmacist and Dr. before combining any medications. LOTS of people come to use for our honey. They swear it helps with allergies. (Not enough for me, sadly.) I never was bothered with allergies until just the last few years. Dang getting old is no fun. :(

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters my fall allergies are usually worse than spring. Crop dust and mold. Finally I had to go to family Dr. She prescribed and allergy med. Also had me keep taking Claritin that I was trying AND got eye drops (Alaway) and a 24 hour allergy nasal spray. If I start as soon as the sneezing and itching begins I seem to be able to stay ahead of it! Good Luck. (Do not take them all at once! I stagger them. RX at bedtime , Claritin with breakfast, nasal spray mid-day and eyedrops as needed.) BE sure to check with your pharmacist and Dr. before combining any medications. LOTS of people come to use for our honey. They swear it helps with allergies. (Not enough for me, sadly.) I never was bothered with allergies until just the last few years. Dang getting old is no fun. :(

after i started the rinsing out eyes/sinuses/face/hair routine after being outside i've not used any meds at all for the springtime stuff. i don't have bad problems with mold or dirt, but if i get a whiff from certain things i'll still rinse out because it can save my nose from running or getting plugged up or a sinus infection.

it isn't much fun working outside when the pollen is thick from the trees or i get too close to the lilac tree. i carry a small towel with me or do the farmer nose blow method... it may be messy, but it's ok. i haven't had a sinus infection in years and to me that's the main problem that used to be an annual early summer event.

oh, and they've (the bee keeper who puts hives up near us) still not set up the hives out back but there are flowers out to keep the native bees happy.