the animals don't smell so much now

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
it has been overdue to clean out the goat shed & the chicken coop. the ice cold weather came in, Thanksgiving came in, company on Sat. & thus messy, smelly. today, I had a couple of hours & the weather was nice. got everybody's quarters back up to snuff & no stinking - except sam the dog. he really needs a bath - he's going to have to wait. he doesn't seem to mind though.

all that nice poop is sure going to make my garden happy next year.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I dont bathe my dogs on a regular anymore. Last time I washed them was when they tangled with a skunk. As soon as I washed them, they found something really nasty to roll in. They are outside dogs and happier that way.

Did you put that stuff straight on your garden or are you composting it first?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Heeeeeerrrreeeee SAM!! :lol:

BJ it does give you such a feeling of satisfaction to get all the animals cleaned up. Then to "feed" the garden too is even better. Congrats on a job well done!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's especially nice that cats clean themselves. Somehow Peeper always smells clean and good. Well, except right after eating. Then his temporary nickname is Mr. Fishbreath, but even that goes away in less than an hour.

They watch me take a shower. Peeper knows I'll survive, but Clevland seems amazed I survived all that water!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did I tell you about my "secret" compost bin under the board deck outside the chicken coop, BJ?

Well, it is more of a hole and not a bin and I've only used it for the purpose of composting the chicken litter once but . . . I got plans!

Try to make these onerous tasks as easy as possible. Pleasant things can be done with loving care but dungin' out the corral - let 'er rip!

Steve

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Old dog show trick. Bring dog outside and heavily dusted him with baby powder or corn sillk, let sit on dog for 5 mins then brush out. Baby powder will absorb any oder leave a clean secent. Make sure all is brushed out before dog goes back in house.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Brilliant nyboy! That is exactly what we need to do for our llaso apso. He gets bathed every 2/3 weeks, but still gets stinky within a few days or a week of his bath!! He's old, and has funky skin with oozy wart. DH calls him russet, even though his name is charlie, because when he's freshly clipped he looks like a potato all covered in eyes! :lol:

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have thought and thought about putting the pretty poop directly on the beds, but, because it's easier to put in on the compost - that's where it goes.
marshall is right as usual - the cats, they're pretty clean guys. my nugget lays on the side of my pillow at night & I consider myself blessed. he doesn't stink or anything AND he purrs such a pretty song that puts me to sleep.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
NwMtGardener said:
Brilliant nyboy! That is exactly what we need to do for our llaso apso. He gets bathed every 2/3 weeks, but still gets stinky within a few days or a week of his bath!! He's old, and has funky skin with oozy wart. DH calls him russet, even though his name is charlie, because when he's freshly clipped he looks like a potato all covered in eyes! :lol:
I just sprayed my comptuer with coffee laughing !!!