The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

Whitewater

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yesterday I made another 10ish oz of strawberry jam from my organic strawberry patch. I didn't can it since it probably will last about two weeks before it's gone :) Just stuck it in the fridge!

I got 1 8oz jar and one 3ish oz jar from about 3/4 of a pint of berries that came from my own back yard patch. Yum!

Whitewater

henrietta23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Nothing too exciting. Salad greens with fresh peas and homemade goat's milk mozzarella from our goat. Dressing flavored with some basil. Simple but delicious!

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
henrietta23 said:
Nothing too exciting. Salad greens with fresh peas and homemade goat's milk mozzarella from our goat. Dressing flavored with some basil. Simple but delicious!
Mmmm! I can't wait for goats milk! we are planning on getting a 4 this summer, so another year or so until we freshen... BUT I've heard that goat milk mozzarella is very difficult to make, so don't say nothing too exciting!!!

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We had pizza again tonight. The kids and husband were pretty boring, just pepperoni and spinach. I had spinach, corn, onion, cilantro, and chicken on mine. Earlier today I had salsa I made last night. I was very proud that all the ingredients for the salsa came from my own yard. It is rare that I am able to make a dish without using some sort of spice or something that comes from outside.

*Now that I get fresh, raw milk again, mozzarella is the next thing I want to make!

henrietta23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Holachicka said:
henrietta23 said:
Mmmm! I can't wait for goats milk! we are planning on getting a 4 this summer, so another year or so until we freshen... BUT I've heard that goat milk mozzarella is very difficult to make, so don't say nothing too exciting!!!
It really wasn't too hard. I had made cow's milk mozz recently with a friend using a kit from New England Cheese Making Co. Used the same kit with the goat's milk and it worked just as well. :)
We had planned on getting two kids this spring which we did, then an opportunity came up to also purchase a Nubian in milk. I was talked into going to look at her by a SS/BYH member and fell in love. I jumped into milking with NO experience. So glad I did.
Anyway, back to our gardens!! :watering

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today, my youngest son and I made some pickles and plum jam. I can't wait to find out how the pickles taste since this was our first time attempting them. I posted some pictures on my blog .

jen4

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
For Lunch I sauteed some squash, onions and sugar snap peas, yummy. Ate it with some leftover creamy cucumber salad and zucchini patties.

Made some cucumber, peppers, onions in sugar vinegar

Whitewater

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We had fresh baby carrots, raw, with a bit of radish dip as part of the barbeque!

Whitewater (they were SO YUMMY there aren't any left! LOL!)

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Apricots, apricots, and more apricots! (Did I really worry about them freezing out this year?) To date, I've got 4 gallons (yes, gallons) of jam in the pantry, enough in the freezer for 8 large cobblers and a gallon freezer bag full of dried ones...and they are still coming off the trees. :th
Any other brilliant ideas on what to do with them?

And I almost have enough tomatoes for a batch of spaghetti sauce! Which is good, because I used up the last jar of last summer's a week ago.

Latest posts