The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh I'm so jealous!! ;) I can't wait until my garden starts producing! (planted late) I am very interested in the hot bacon dressing that I keep reading about on this thread, anyone care to share the recipe? :D

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bunch of zone 6 cheaters! :rant

So far I have lettuce, lettuce, lettuce, a radish or two that didn't bolt and lettuce. I did have bok choy but that started to bolt too :p

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
vfem said:
Oooh, fantastic Kim!

We picked blueberries yesterday, so I made blueberry syrup last night. Therefore DD and I had waffles with fresh blueberries and blueberry syrup this morning.... KILLER!!!! :drool
Would you post your syrup recipe? Thanks

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
Bunch of zone 6 cheaters! :rant

So far I have lettuce, lettuce, lettuce, a radish or two that didn't bolt and lettuce. I did have bok choy but that started to bolt too :p
We picked our first ripe tomatoes yesterday. But we're zone 7....so that's not cheating....is it? :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kim_NC said:
vfem said:
Oooh, fantastic Kim!

We picked blueberries yesterday, so I made blueberry syrup last night. Therefore DD and I had waffles with fresh blueberries and blueberry syrup this morning.... KILLER!!!! :drool
4 cups of blueberries pulsed to pieces (food processors are great) then heat on the stove to a rolling boil, add the juice of 1/2 a lemon (zest optional)and 1 TBSP of butter. Then add 5 cups of sugar, heat to a rolling boil again and immediately remove from heat. Fill hot jars and process in water bath for 10 minutes.

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Water is on the stove heating up for blanching apricots. First batch of jam should be ready sometime this afternoon. :clap

Also got the first cherry tomatoes yesterday and I beat the varmints to my early rasperries...all 8 of them! Hey, it's better than none. :happy_flower

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
vfem said:
Kim_NC said:
vfem said:
Oooh, fantastic Kim!

4 cups of blueberries pulsed to pieces (food processors are great) then heat on the stove to a rolling boil, add the juice of 1/2 a lemon (zest optional)and 1 TBSP of butter. Then add 5 cups of sugar, heat to a rolling boil again and immediately remove from heat. Fill hot jars and process in water bath for 10 minutes.
Thank you! I'm off to pick blueberries again in the morning. I see syrup in my future. :)

a.skittle.a.day

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I just brought in about 1.5 pints of blackberries and a couple pickling cucumbers this evening. Going back out in the morning for a few more cucs. Planning on making some hot garlic dills and blackberry jam :) This is my first attempt without mommas supervision, any how tos or recipes for blackberry jam?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
a.skittle.a.day said:
I just brought in about 1.5 pints of blackberries and a couple pickling cucumbers this evening. Going back out in the morning for a few more cucs. Planning on making some hot garlic dills and blackberry jam :) This is my first attempt without mommas supervision, any how tos or recipes for blackberry jam?
I just made blackberry jam a few days ago, and I'm about to make more today!

(Option with blackberries... I put mine in the food processor, and then shifted out more then half the seeds through a strainer so it wasn't so pulpy and full of seeds.)

**4 Pints of Blackberries, 2 tbsp of lemon juice and pectin to a boil. When you get to a rolling boiling add 6 cups of sugar. Another hard boil for about 1-2 minutes. Can, drop in water bath for 10 minutes.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I didn't make it but I darn sure ate it. I gave some zuchini to a Mexican neighbor a couple of days ago and today she showed up at my door with a big plate of zuchini Mexican style. YUMMY!

Latest posts