The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We just finished dinner, and had our own farm raised beef (dexter), green and yellow beans from the garden, and a freshly picked cucumber from the garden on our spinach (not homegrown) salad. Yummmmm!! :)

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Icebox Pickles
Radishes out the wazoo
Sauteed Green beans
Leather britches
Saladings galore

Looking forward to:

Yellow squash
Tomatoes
Okra

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I made a white sauce (using chicken broth instead of milk) added some cooked ground turkey and a bunch of shredded swiss chard. When all thick and bubbly I poured it over some of my home made bread rolls that were starting to dry out. YUMMY!!! Even the kids chowed down!

freemotion

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Strawberries from the garden layered with chevre from the goats, sweetened lightly with raw, local wildflower honey and a bit of homemade vanilla extract.
:drool

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Last night: Smothered okra with green pepper, onion and tomatoes and a big piece of buttered cornbread. YUM!

Collector, they are yummy and so easy to make!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Peasant Steve here: I thought I'd share a bona fide recipe from food.com for a Thai Spicy Salad (click).

This is essentially what we had without the ginger, lemongrass and mint aaaand hard-boiled eggs were substituted for the shrimp. Of course, all the other veggies were from the garden. ('Cept I don't grow garlic :rolleyes:.)

With this was . . . . Baked Salmon! It only had a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash (or was it a dash of Mrs. Sprinkle ;)) and some fresh dill !

This morning, it's the remaining salmon in an omelet with more of the green onions! I'm getting a lot of protein but it is good to supplement my usual diet of leafy greens :p.

Steve