The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
my sister lives in Columbia ...she always wants to grow things and now I am going to show her your picture and tell her to get her butt busy on the veggie garden !!!

no excuses!!! that is so freaking pretty!!!! I would make a curry out of all of that if I had it
Yes! I can't believe how stuff grows here. I mean, I put it in the ground and forget it, really. I mean, yes, I have to deal with pest control and watering, but for the most part, I don't have issues with the climate that some people have. You sister MUST garden! :clap

HiDelight said:
I am off to go pick up a side of beef I accidently bought ...omg I am not sure what on earth I was thinking ...my boss talked me into it!!!

she said it was a tiny steer ..right ..

my friend and I who are sharing it have to bring two vehicles to bring our "tiny steer" we split back from Little Rock and we both had to buy new freezers!
Getting a side of beef was the best thing we ever did. That meat was SO delicious, it doesn't even compare to anything you can get at the store - even a NICE store. We are going to get another side as soon as they are selling them. There's just nothing like grass-fed beef! :drool
Oh, and we bought a new freezer for it, too... but it was worth it.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I didn't have anything specific from the garden for dinner (but I did buy some nice cheese and make turkey burgers with the cheese stuffed inside and some from scratch BBQ sauce made from garlic, honey, wostercher sauce, balsamic vinagerette, ketchup and soy sauce).

I am however making my first canned batch ever of strawberry preserves!!!

Sadly, I was short at least 4 jars, and hubby had to run back to walmart for me... I was going to go, but he would have to stir the strawberries in the pot and he rather drive in the rain with a headache then have to do anything even remotely close to cooking! Oh well....

Back to stirring the pot!

(I still have deviled eggs to make for a party tomorrow and chocolate biscotti cookies for a sale that have to ship in the A.M. Its going to be a LONG night.)

blue skys

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well it's not really dinner (not a proper dinner anyway) but I made some Zucchini bread with some zucchinis from my garden!!! :love :drool

I made a tiny loaf for me and two giant loaves for my grandmother-in-law who is very excited about eating it tomorrow.

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
blue skys said:
Well it's not really dinner (not a proper dinner anyway) but I made some Zucchini bread with some zucchinis from my garden!!! :love :drool

I made a tiny loaf for me and two giant loaves for my grandmother-in-law who is very excited about eating it tomorrow.
Mhhh! I think that's going to be next on the list. I've made a plethora of zucchini dishes this past week, but no bread yet. Ooooh, I want some right now! :ya

blue skys

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
GrowinVeggiesInSC said:
blue skys said:

Mhhh! I think that's going to be next on the list. I've made a plethora of zucchini dishes this past week, but no bread yet. Ooooh, I want some right now! :ya
It was really good, the tiny loaf is just about gone (had to save some for hubby, he'll be home in just a few minutes! Hopefully the two huge loaves will last until I can get them to my g-ma-in-law!!

Sylvie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Not dinner but a garden inspired meal, non the less.
I attended a pot luck tea that consisted of spinach quiche, asparagus mini quiches, cucumber- cream cheese open faced sandwiches, and a large variety of salads. Mini cheesecakes topped with fruit and flowers, scones with strawberry jam and lavender chocolate cookies.
I'm definitely getting a book on teas from the library to make some of this myself.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I should have called this thread "meals from your garden"
"or anything you make to eat from your garden!"
those cheese cakes sound devine!

I ashamed however ...I will be honest and tell you ..I have never been able to grow Zucchini :( I could never get bunnies to mate and could never manage to grow a freaking zucchini ..two of the supposidly easiest things a wanna be self sufficient person can do I failed at ..there it is out now I can move on ...

everything sounds so good ..we should change the rules ...(I dont think I can edit the title now though)

..whatever you make from your garden feel free to post here :)

besides who follows meal rules here anyway? do you?

dinner is my favorite meal ..but I eat breakfast for dinner all the time!

and cake can be eaten for any meal I am a firm believer in that!

tonight I Just know I am thinning my greens ...we are having a huge salad ..I am still eating a lot of escarole (the heads I cut off last year keep coming back I have cut them three times since March! I think my last year heads are pooping out now but the "this year" heads are doing well so when I want more they should be ready to cut again!
lots of spinach still.so just spinach and escarole salad with the chive flower vinegar ..

I have three red strawberries what can I do with those..maybe put them in the salad! :)

for breakfast eggs Saratoga

the trick to this wonderful egg dish ...is just go get your herbs first thing in the morning
parsley thyme and chives
mince up well ..smash into cream cheese (or chevre if you have it..I need to actually go grocery shopping we are God forbid out of cheese!!!)
then fill an omelet with that! top with more herbs and enjoy

my vine leaves are very close to being ready to stuff!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have never on any other board been able to change a thread title before ..I think it worked :) now the thread is for anything you make today!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
For almost all meals the last couple of weeks... Cucumbers!!! That is the only thing that is producing aside from the cherry tomatoes which have yet to make it into the house. So it is cucumbers with lemon chile and salt (Mexican style), with feta cheese and raspberry vinegar, with ranch, in my salad.... oh Cucumbers.... when will it end.

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:yuckyuck Sounds like you need two slices for your eyes, a facial and a massge!! :lol:

Seriously, please give us the Mexican recipe!! :drool Sounds yummy!:D

Latest posts