The Bee Has Officially Been Declared “Most Important Living Being on the Planet”

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
The Bee Has Officially Been Declared “Most Important Living Being on the Planet”

1579213520729.png

By Mayukh Saha

The extinction of bees would mean the end of humanity.

At a meeting of the Royal Geographic Society of London, Earthwatch Institute declared bees the most invaluable species on this planet, as reported by The Guardian in 2008. And along with it comes this disturbing piece of news. If the bees were to disappear today, mankind would follow suit very soon!

Scientists and wildlife experts have added bees to the list of species that are doomed to extinction in the near future if humanity does not do something about its most beneficial insects.

he Importance of Bees
The loss of bees will be disastrous for mankind as they are irreplaceable. The relation between bees and flowering plants is one of the most extensive, harmonious, and interdependent cooperation on the planet. A relationship spawned over a period of nearly 100 million years has led to the procreation of a rich diversity of species and also promoted the elevation of the human species on earth.

There are more than 20,000 species of bees. Yet, an overwhelming number of them do not live in hives. They vary in size from 2mm to 4cm and do not adapt well to new plant types.

75% of the food crops that produce the seeds and fruits we consume are influenced, at least partly, by pollination. 87 of the leading food crops worldwide are supported wholly or partially by pollination. This, in turn, feeds thousands of animal and bird species. They are the main reason for the diversity of plant species. The decline in the bee population would adversely affect major crops like coffee, cocoa, almonds, tomatoes, and apples to name just a few, as per the reports of the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO).Get the latest from The Mind Unleashed in your inbox. Sign up right here.

The oldest known sweetener and also the healthiest, honey has been much sought after since ancient times. The total export of just leading honey-producing nations was worth $2.4 billion way back in 2009. This is another vast source of food that would just disappear with the bees.

The monetized value of the global crops that are directly dependent on pollinators is in the region of $235 billion to $577 billion every year. This was a free gift of nature. Relying on the artificial process is close to impossible. The only way out is to support the process which leads to natural pollination.

What think you ```

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i hope we get through our insanity and destructive ways. i'm not sure we will. there are a large number of people who don't care and won't change their ways even a little bit unless forced to do it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bees are in trouble ~ suffering from many things Mites, roundup, ~ I've a friend ~ loses hives ~ things are not as nice for bees as 30 - 40 years ago ```

local beekeeper loses 1500-2500 hives a year. i don't think trucking them all over helps along with everything else that is going on.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is actually why I have such a low opinion of democracy (not that we've anything much better). The problem with letting people have a choice in how they live is that we are hardwired to more or less think in terms of what best benefits us or those around us, short term. We have umpty ump millennia of pure ego in us, of us thinking we are special and have the right to run the world as benefits us. Even those who claim to live in harmony with nature do not or will not realize that to truly live on the wheel of nature means standing there and letting it roll right over you and crush you; that sentience, far from giving us the right to put ourselves on the top of the food chain, obligates us to put ourselves on the bottom, and defer to EVERY other life form.

I also think this is the answer to the Fermi paradox. the reason we can't find any other intelligent life in the universe is that, by the time a species has grown technologically enough for trans solar travel, it has grown morally enough to realize the inherent immorality of sentience, and voluntarily commits species wide suicide.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

View attachment 34084

By Mayukh Saha

The extinction of bees would mean the end of humanity.

At a meeting of the Royal Geographic Society of London, Earthwatch Institute declared bees the most invaluable species on this planet, as reported by The Guardian in 2008. And along with it comes this disturbing piece of news. If the bees were to disappear today, mankind would follow suit very soon!

Scientists and wildlife experts have added bees to the list of species that are doomed to extinction in the near future if humanity does not do something about its most beneficial insects.

he Importance of Bees
The loss of bees will be disastrous for mankind as they are irreplaceable. The relation between bees and flowering plants is one of the most extensive, harmonious, and interdependent cooperation on the planet. A relationship spawned over a period of nearly 100 million years has led to the procreation of a rich diversity of species and also promoted the elevation of the human species on earth.

There are more than 20,000 species of bees. Yet, an overwhelming number of them do not live in hives. They vary in size from 2mm to 4cm and do not adapt well to new plant types.

75% of the food crops that produce the seeds and fruits we consume are influenced, at least partly, by pollination. 87 of the leading food crops worldwide are supported wholly or partially by pollination. This, in turn, feeds thousands of animal and bird species. They are the main reason for the diversity of plant species. The decline in the bee population would adversely affect major crops like coffee, cocoa, almonds, tomatoes, and apples to name just a few, as per the reports of the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO).Get the latest from The Mind Unleashed in your inbox. Sign up right here.

The oldest known sweetener and also the healthiest, honey has been much sought after since ancient times. The total export of just leading honey-producing nations was worth $2.4 billion way back in 2009. This is another vast source of food that would just disappear with the bees.

The monetized value of the global crops that are directly dependent on pollinators is in the region of $235 billion to $577 billion every year. This was a free gift of nature. Relying on the artificial process is close to impossible. The only way out is to support the process which leads to natural pollination.

What think you ```

What I think?
I think the author is young and understands the pennies per click method google still employs. I looked at some of the other posts, and its cool that there is a eco interest, but my idea of character and integrity would stop me here, and say thanks for the post.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is actually why I have such a low opinion of democracy (not that we've anything much better). The problem with letting people have a choice in how they live is that we are hardwired to more or less think in terms of what best benefits us or those around us, short term. We have umpty ump millennia of pure ego in us, of us thinking we are special and have the right to run the world as benefits us. Even those who claim to live in harmony with nature do not or will not realize that to truly live on the wheel of nature means standing there and letting it roll right over you and crush you; that sentience, far from giving us the right to put ourselves on the top of the food chain, obligates us to put ourselves on the bottom, and defer to EVERY other life form.

I also think this is the answer to the Fermi paradox. the reason we can't find any other intelligent life in the universe is that, by the time a species has grown technologically enough for trans solar travel, it has grown morally enough to realize the inherent immorality of sentience, and voluntarily commits species wide suicide.

i'm not quite that pessimistic. i think people can learn to live with nature and get along but our current trends aren't that good, yet if each person does a little bit it can make a pretty big difference. i don't think we have to defer to every other creature, we are a part of the system and we can play some important roles in helping to restore the damage that's going on. we just need to be more in balance and more people doing restoration and cleanup work instead of doing destructive things.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i'm not quite that pessimistic. i think people can learn to live with nature and get along but our current trends aren't that good, yet if each person does a little bit it can make a pretty big difference. i don't think we have to defer to every other creature, we are a part of the system and we can play some important roles in helping to restore the damage that's going on. we just need to be more in balance and more people doing restoration and cleanup work instead of doing destructive things.
Why bees are important. Globally there are more honey bees than other types of bee and pollinating insects, so it is the world's most important pollinator of food crops. It is estimated that one-third of the food that we consume each day relies on pollination mainly by bees, but also by other insects, birds and bats.

Latest posts