The Chance to Smell a Horse

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last time I checked , there are very few to no geldings in the wild. Unless of course that they are feral or the BLM rounds up bacheler groups and gelds them to manage the rangelands from overpopulation. As for stallions that have dirty sheaths, they don't have many foals and/ or get their mares uterine infections then they can't have live births due to bacterial infections. This is prety rare in the wild as proof is in the pudding... the open range is very overpopulated and overgrazed as the bleeding hearts always know better in the best method to manage public lands. Resulting in Feral horse overpopulations while other wild species starve and suffer.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
This is a fund raiser at Piper's Opera House Virginia City, Nevada. The girls sell their art to benefit the horses through the Wild Horse Preservation League.
Pictured is Murphy a six week old colt who's mother was killed having been chased into a fence by people on an ATV.

Attachments

• operahouse.jpg
    operahouse.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 143

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@valley ranch - I laughed out loud at the joke. I'll have to remember that one.

We don't have horses but our neighbor uses warm water, Dawn soap, and mineral oil. She says after trying lots of recommended cleaners she likes the soapy water best.

Latest posts