The Chicken Stalker

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
How sweet! What a way to get a new family member.

Perhaps with your care, she can turn from a chicken stalker into a chickens talker and get along just fine. I know my outside cat goes into the chicken coop for her drinks of water when it rest of the world is frozen. Neither chicken nor cat are overly concerned by this sharing.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I keep a 3 gallon bucket of water around here and there for the chickens to drink out of. The cat, thinks their water tastes better. The chickens....think her food..tastes better!! :lol:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to let new chicks out of the house into the sun just after they turned 2 weeks old and were too big to get through the chicken wire. I now have a big male cat that I discovered is a chick eater. Now I must leave them in a chick house until they are large enough that the cat can't eat them. He hangs out with the chickens all the time and they don't seem to mind. I don't think he really ever wanted to kill them -just play with them.

britesea

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It's difficult for cats to give up their wild side, unlike dogs. I would keep a close eye on your new kitty, to make sure she doesn't continue stalking the chickens

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to have a cat named Punkinhead. He just wandered up out of the woods when he was about 8 weeks old, chased the dogs off the porch and took up housekeeping. He ADORED the chickens. If he wasn't on the porch, he was at the coop.
Punkinhead and the chick\'s first night in the coop.jpg
The day the chicks moved out of the brooder and into the coop
DSCF0983.JPG
Many of his days were spent upside down watching the chickens

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mocha/ Bubbles thinks she has to be on our lap when we are at the computer. like now. :D She is very loving, for some reason she loves to attack Monty's feet! When we first got her I took her to the vet, she had fleas really bad, and a cut on her lower lip. 10 days worth of medicine and now you cant even tell she had anything wrong. I do need to get her back to the vet for getting her spayed. Dont need any baby kitties here.
It's difficult for cats to give up their wild side, unlike dogs. I would keep a close eye on your new kitty, to make sure she doesn't continue stalking the chickens
She is going to be an indoor cat.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
how sweet! Our two cats ignored our chickens when we had some at the last place. I taught the dogs to ignore them as well. (ignore the chickens and the cats).

Latest posts