Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol nice that you returned porch to original design. Do you sit out there? The window next to door is that stain glass above?
Yes we sit out there. When the neighbors are not being too LOUD/unruly. It is a faux stained glass over the window. I am still looking for something REAL to replace it with, but the size is odd. May have to have one made to fit.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes we sit out there. When the neighbors are not being too LOUD/unruly. It is a faux stained glass over the window. I am still looking for something REAL to replace it with, but the size is odd. May have to have one made to fit.
Carol, we had stained windows custom made for our bay window. They are actually 8 windows/panels. They were pricey at $15,000 but we love them and they have also increased the value of our home. In addition, they covered the roof of our neighbor's house giving us privacy.

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found a beautiful stained glass window that I ordered online about 8 years ago. I doubt it is the quality of Mary's but it is beautiful and not tacky like many that you see. stainedglassandmore.com

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found a beautiful stained glass window that I ordered online about 8 years ago. I doubt it is the quality of Mary's but it is beautiful and not tacky like many that you see. stainedglassandmore.com
There are plenty of beautiful inexpensive stained glass windows out there that don't look cheap.

Ours was unique in that we met with the artist several times to discuss design and colors. He also doesn't repeat his work. There was one in his portfolio that I really liked but he said no. Surprisingly my husband and I were able to agree pretty easily. There was a rippled glass that the artist insisted we include. I trusted him and it was perfect!

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are plenty of beautiful inexpensive stained glass windows out there that don't look cheap.

Ours was unique in that we met with the artist several times to discuss design and colors. He also doesn't repeat his work. There was one in his portfolio that I really liked but he said no. Surprisingly my husband and I were able to agree pretty easily. There was a rippled glass that the artist insisted we include. I trusted him and it was perfect!

Mary
My brother was safe keeping a huge stand glass door sized art piece for the artist probably 35 years ago.. It seems like it was 2 grand all that many years ago. It was a stupendous piece of art that has stayed in my mind for all of these years. If fact it was what inspired me to somehow build a stained glass piece somehow into my home. I was shocked to find something that I could afford of good quality. But I will always dream of owning an artist's one of a kind window as you do.I hope you will share photos with us.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found a pair of small stain glass windows. They where blue morning glory. I fell in love and talked the dealer down to $100 each. I was so happy I wanted them in the bays of new roof I was putting on. Then I talked to my contractor that was putting on the roof and he told me no way I was to late. When the workmen left for the night I took a saw and cut holes in Bays. Contractor was close to tears when he came in next day. I did cry when i saw the bill just to put in windows.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother was safe keeping a huge stand glass door sized art piece for the artist probably 35 years ago.. It seems like it was 2 grand all that many years ago. It was a stupendous piece of art that has stayed in my mind for all of these years. If fact it was what inspired me to somehow build a stained glass piece somehow into my home. I was shocked to find something that I could afford of good quality. But I will always dream of owning an artist's one of a kind window as you do.I hope you will share photos with us.
I've shared some pics in the past. I'll try to find them.
Mary

Latest posts