The Garden Table Finally Happens!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Last winter hubby finds me a free sink for a garden table he promises to build. Then it gets warm and I give him a few sketches of what I want, but time goes by and nothing happens. We get several free wood doors from a guy and my husband manages to turn one into a long garden bench out by the pond to sit on and fish... the others sit in waiting to become part of my table I am dreaming of. Then a few projects come and go leaving a pile of unused treated 2x4s waiting to be loved in another garden project yet to happen.

Then last weekend, hubby gets a wild hair and I go outside to find the most lovely gift I've had my heart set on.

14084_garden_table.jpg

Now I am just going to prime and paint the top and bottom. The bottom is set up for me to put a bucket there to catch the water when I'm done washing produce. You see above the sink is a 2x4 set up to hold my hose up like a faucet while I'm cleaning stuff. Then I plan on using the water filled buckets to water the garden with.

I think its a great plan! :D

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is a great plan and a beautiful table/sink!! You will love using that. I hate to think how much dirt I put down the drain! I was very excited when I found a similar table to use as a potting bench- I use it for a week in the spring and then no matter how hard I try- it gets covered in stuff!!! I just can't seem to keep the darn thing cleaned off! Too many projects....Enjoy!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's just great, V!

Compliment your hubby!

I put a plumbed-into-house stationary tub on the deck -- we never use it :rolleyes:!

So, I bought a concrete mixing tub that fits in the wheelbarrow . . . almost never put it in the wheelbarrow . . . It sits on the lawn (or, what's left of the lawn ;)) in the shade of a tree. With careful dumping, I don't have to run the sprinkler under the tree. It's primitive!

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
That's just great, V!

Compliment your hubby!

I put a plumbed-into-house stationary tub on the deck -- we never use it :rolleyes:!

So, I bought a concrete mixing tub that fits in the wheelbarrow . . . almost never put it in the wheelbarrow . . . It sits on the lawn (or, what's left of the lawn ;)) in the shade of a tree. With careful dumping, I don't have to run the sprinkler under the tree. It's primitive!

Steve
LOL... we're going to try to install a 'shower' on the deck. So when the kids are out playing and in the sprinkler and all over the lawn (and you have no idea how many kids think they can go IN the nasty pond while fishing). So they can strip and rinse off before they go in the house! I really hope that's not a wasteful project! :)

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
That is a great plan and a beautiful table/sink!! You will love using that. I hate to think how much dirt I put down the drain! I was very excited when I found a similar table to use as a potting bench- I use it for a week in the spring and then no matter how hard I try- it gets covered in stuff!!! I just can't seem to keep the darn thing cleaned off! Too many projects....Enjoy!
I think that's one of Murphy's laws. "Any horizontal surface attracts clutter".

ecopepper

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My DH built me a bench and I can't seem to find it! :idunno LOL Hoodat you are so right!! Nice set up though!! Very Pretty!

BetterHensandGardens

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
That's a great setup vfem, every gardener should have one. And great repurposing of leftovers - I think we've got a couple of extra doors around here........ ;)

Latest posts