The Great 2018 Northeaster(s)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
As I was lifting the pot to make coffee this morning, the lights flicked.

:hide I'm not sure what it might have been about. Electricity rarely goes off here. I doubt if I have been more than 10 miles from a hydroelectric dam in the last 30 years. Maybe a car hit a power pole.

Anyway, my immediate involuntary thoughts were of olde people in the cold, food decaying in the fridge while they cooked something with a small fire on the ground, in the backyard ...

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dw family up in westerner ny has been without power for the last 4 days yesterday they finally got the road cleared of trees. Family has been living at her dads house since he has a whole house generator. They said the power should be up sometime today....

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My neighbors got their power at midnight last night. We were so lucky. Our furnace and hot water heater would have been ruined if we had no power to pump the cellar. Not to mention 40 years of junk the collects in a cellar. Why we don't have a generator is just crazy.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
teg highh water.jpg
The River has been higher before-it did not go over the road. But you can see how little of the tunnel is visible. My bad neighbor had her son-in- law and his Dad cut the trees off of my daylily beds-they are nice people. The were very respectful of my gardens. Not always so with, no offense, men.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:( @catjac1975 saw my Friday comment about walking thru the office building's pea gravel mulched flower beds instead of their icy sidewalks! :hide!!

Happy things are working out okay on your property. Hey. It won't be best to leave the house and town the next time a Nor'easter shows up but ...

Maybe you can better enjoy watching it here: http://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu

:frow Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 24899 The River has been higher before-it did not go over the road. But you can see how little of the tunnel is visible. My bad neighbor had her son-in- law and his Dad cut the trees off of my daylily beds-they are nice people. The were very respectful of my gardens. Not always so with, no offense, men.

What a pretty place you live in Cat. Glad the trees got taken care of and you and your husband didn't have to do all the labor.

Latest posts