The Great 2018 Northeaster(s)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
:( @catjac1975 saw my Friday comment about walking thru the office building's pea gravel mulched flower beds instead of their icy sidewalks! :hide!!

Happy things are working out okay on your property. Hey. It won't be best to leave the house and town the next time a Nor'easter shows up but ...

Maybe you can better enjoy watching it here: http://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu

:frow Steve
What a pretty place you live in Cat. Glad the trees got taken care of and you and your husband didn't have to do all the labor.
Stilll have the part that fell on the veggie garden fence-just tops so not as big a job. The town that owns the land has a crew that carries for it. But I am sure they will be going out straight cleaning up fallen trees effecting the power outages. the tops are on some of my best and newest daylily seedling so I do not want to wait to have them removed. I do want to ask them to remove the rest of the trees that fell.They are a future hazard. One is fifty feet taller that the power lines and has a lot more damage to give in the future.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Praying for everybody in New England affected by this rotten storm. Sorry to say, we are sending you the next one. We are only getting light rain, but up in WI they are getting 5-8" of snow.
Hold your breath and brace yourself, and I will continue to pray for you. :hugs

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Up to a foot of wet heavy snow high winds. Still no power and none in sight. Spending over $100 a day on gas just for heat,no grooming till back on power.:th:th:th

ouch! hope they can get the power on soon.

looking at national weather map a few minutes ago in animation - i certainly admire the beauty in circles. big wad of spinning sorta cold air right down the middle...

Latest posts