The meaties are here!

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The meaties are still going strong. They are a week old and growing fast. I haven't lost a single one yet. I usually lose one in shipping and one the next day but not this time! Must be the luck of the Irish ;)

I try to not get too overwhelmed by their cuteness- but I took this picture the other day. LilyBear is fascinated with them!
lilychick.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a sweet picture. Pretty cat. I can't have a cat anymore, our DSIL is highly allergic to cats. So it was either the cat or family. I chose family and found a home for our cat. Sometimes you just have to prioritize.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We just bought a batch this week! I was only going to get 20, but they had a price break if you got 25, so we got 5 more. :) The lady at the register said that it was a good thing that they weren't so cute by the time you had to butcher them. :D

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We just bought a batch this week! I was only going to get 20, but they had a price break if you got 25, so we got 5 more. :) The lady at the register said that it was a good thing that they weren't so cute by the time you had to butcher them. :D
It's also a good thing you got the 5 extra because meat birds can sometimes die without any symptoms whatsoever. And when they get fat and hungry they will do ANYTHING to get to that food. It's their genetics. I had a bird once that got trampled to death with it's head stuck in the feeder. They all run to the first feeder put down no matter how many are put down after it. Now we have two people go out and put 4 feeders down at once trying to prevent that. During a different batch, one was trampled right inside the pop door because he tripped or got pushed over while running in from the rain. They are rather stupid creatures, but they still deserve all the respect in the world because they are giving their lives for our meals.

Latest posts