the perfect culinary rose

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there! :frow :frow :frow

I'm feeling very pleased with myself because I managed to track down Reinbeau's suggestion & I've ordered it. Well, that is not quite the truth as I have ordered 5 different roses, all bare rooted. They should come anytime from October to March.

Here's the list:-

Qty : 1 X Kazanlik
Qty : 1 X Quatre Saisons
Qty : 1 X Souvenir du Docteur Jamain
Qty : 1 X Reine des Violettes
Qty : 1 X Josephine Bruce Climber

They all have heavy perfumes & I think will be wonderful in pot-pourris, cooking etc. They have been grafted unfortunately (which would not suit Reinbeau but I'm not too worried about that as I intend to take cuttings from them & I have a good rate of success at that.

It is such a shame I'm this side of a huge ocean because otherwise cuttings would be sent to all you rose growers. I would love to share with you. :happy_flower

:rose Hattie :rose

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OH HATTIE!!! :weee that looks like my kind of order :) !!!!

I can not wait to find some here!

I am not great at ordering online but if I have to I will that is for sure ..I want a this type of rose!

you know what is sad ..I have no idea what the names of the roses I have are ..they are all either from a thrift shop where they were labled "Yellow rose" "pink rose" ect a complete crap shoot but the plants were so healthy and only $3 each! so far they have turned out beautifully and some climb ..some are fragrant ..some bunch together ..

or people have just given me cuttings and they never told me the names or told me but I forgot :(

the most beautiful rose I have is the one my oldest son gave me ..it is a long stemmed black rose that gives two times a year ...he loved this rose and I will always love that he gave it to me ..

so while I adore roses of all kinds ...I have no clue what I am doing and also what I have ...

do you guys feed roses in the fall? and should I spread some bone meal around them now you think? any special care ..I have never done anything but think if I did the roses would burst even more!

I will read all the rose threads here ..that would be the smartest move :throw

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Don't feed your roses in the fall unless your climate is such that they'll grow and blossom all year. The new growth promoted by fertilization will be killed back by frost. Roses will grow all year round if the climate suits them.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ok I found the order but you can not order it seems their site is down or something because I get an error msg everytime I try to order ..I will send a note

thanks

half the fun is in the hunt I think

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hattie, grafted roses just don't do well here for me, the own roots are better - but you're going to take care of that via the cuttings! :bow I want Reine des Violettes too, it's on my list for next spring.

Latest posts