The Pond Thread

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
6 new koi eating.
I read that using the water really helps plants to grow. I don't know if this is true so would like it if someone here could give me their views on this. :)

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
:)

And then, let the newbies out. 🤞

Also, having problems with the back button and the enter button through my phone. Makes the keyboard go away. 😑 Is it my phone or the forum...🤔 only happens on these forums and not even all of them...

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read that using the water really helps plants to grow. I don't know if this is true so would like it if someone here could give me their views on this. :)

I've used aquarium water for bucket gardening, still use it for houseplants & the trees in the 5g buckets. Pond drains to little strip of grass(weeds) between house n fence, but haven't seen anything special from it with any of them. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Editing.
Pond filters drain to that strip. So, lots of muck that plants can use.

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've used aquarium water for bucket gardening, still use it for houseplants & the trees in the 5g buckets. Pond drains to little strip of grass(weeds) between house n fence, but haven't seen anything special from it with any of them. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Editing.
Pond filters drain to that strip. So, lots of muck that plants can use.
Thanks for your reply. My friend has a home fish tank and wondered if the water would feed my plants :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. My friend has a home fish tank and wondered if the water would feed my plants :)
One summer I dipped water from our koi pond to water flower pots. After several weeks I saw that it might have been a mistake as plants started to yellow, some even died! I think maybe the nitrate was too high. So be careful.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
One summer I dipped water from our koi pond to water flower pots. After several weeks I saw that it might have been a mistake as plants started to yellow, some even died! I think maybe the nitrate was too high. So be careful.
Thank you Carol. That's saved me a heap of trouble :)

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
The intake fell off, sucking in a lot of hornwort, a giant frog & Zoro koi... :(

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some crappy screenshots from today's dark video...
Screenshot (34).png
Screenshot (35).png
Screenshot (36).png
Screenshot (37).png
Screenshot (38).png
Screenshot (39).png
Screenshot (40).png

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some crappy pics...lol
Screenshot (42).png