The Sun didn't Rise

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have never had allergies or trouble from smoke before but this year I did and now I am wondering if some of my problems I had last winter was not from the woodstove. I think you have to build your immune system up. DS was so stressed last year from DH and all that that DS was sick even from dust, so I took care of the woodstove so he would not have to open the door and get even more smoke, so I read about adrenal glands and I bought some for both of us, but I did not take very many and this year with all this smoke he has never had any problems. He takes this pill when he comes home from work at lunch and swears if he forgets that pill he has a bad day and I could even tell by his face something was wrong, too tired, so I am starting the pills today. This smoke as stopped my outdoors walking and my cats are upset because I do not leave the door open for them to go out in their pen.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The 20mph wind gusts right now are from the south. We aren't gonna be able to blame Canadian wildfires for the smoke, today.

The air hasn't improved at all!. Quality is still in the 150's, "unhealthy for everyone." Of course, those who have to be outside have more unhealthy conditions than office workers and couch potatoes. Interesting how I've read that some healthcare people are advising not to vacuum when the air is so bad. Can't burn it, can't vacuum it and throw in the trash. Where is our Freeeedum!

Soon we will be told to plant a garden and get some exercise. Freeeedum!

This south wind has to be blowing some dust from the many miles of wheat fields it passes over. They are almost all harvested. Oh gosh, I remember driving the open combine with this kind of breeze. Wondering how possible it would be to still be alive by the time the combine could be turned and headed back into the wind. Wondering if I would even see where I was to turn ...

Gasp! Koff

Adrenal glands ... eh?

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The smoke here intensified yesterday as the day went on. It seems better this morning. I saw blue sky above me when I was out cleaning pens. Pretty breezy which I hope won't hamper fire fighting, but do hope will push the smoke out.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
The smoke here intensified yesterday as the day went on. It seems better this morning. I saw blue sky above me when I was out cleaning pens. Pretty breezy which I hope won't hamper fire fighting, but do hope will push the smoke out.

DS told me to look outside when I first got up. I thought oh no but I said, gee it is not bad and he said look at the sky and I saw blue. So much better. Spokane air quality 52 at the moment and yesterday evening was 160 something compared to the 300 something. New thing for me to do, check air quality.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The haze from wildfires reached all the way over to Wisconsin for a few days. Obviously not as bad as further West, but I couldn't stop sneezing. Several storm fronts have gone through since then... a mixed blessing, since they cleared the air, but caused a lot of severe flooding in several locations.

I hope you in the West get some relief soon... and that any rain you get doesn't just bring lightning with it. As an allergy sufferer, I can't say enough about a good air filtration system, I hope you have one (or can find one) so you can at least sleep soundly. Hang tough, and stay well.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
We were supposed to get some effects down here yesterday but I did not notice anything. No smell, no haze, no problems with my allergies. I did not get any rain yesterday but maybe we are getting enough afternoon thunderstorms in the area to keep the air cleaner.

I have trouble imagining how it must be to live through that. I'd imagine the most at risk from the polluted air are the young, the elderly, and the people with medical conditions. Be careful. You still have people that have to contend with the fires themselves. What a mess!

Latest posts