The World is Changing

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Agree with Steve. Seems strange that people complain about cell phones yet use the Internet. My wife is one of those that goes on long rants about cell phones, TV's and Internet but let one of the go down-END OF WORLD! After one of her rants, I said, fine, I'll cancel the service. That shut her up for 3 minutes.

Simple solution, discontinue your service; disconnect phones, TV's; get rid of your computers. Live Amish-oh wait, they have all those things as well. OK, live cave people way. :old

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have always hated talking on phones, and I have my flip phone for the reason stated above, but I would be lost without my computer. I have 5 online ecommerce websites that I built, own and operate, and I make a nice piece of income from them. I am on the internet a lot during the day, but I still use a PC so I am not "carrying" the internet around with me. I do also have a tablet, but I only use that when I have a craft show so I can process credit cards. I would be fine with an old "knuckle buster" at craft shows, but I don't even think they make them anymore.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
This computer is one of my little extravagances, but I have gone days, weekends, even weeks without getting on line. The computer has replaced my Compton's and most of my cookbooks. Gardening sites are the reason I get on line and this one is my fave.

Still, I am just one step above dial-up but can't justify adding band width (or speed or whatever) for a leisure activity so the grands complain my service is too slow. I suggest cleaning the coop, mowing, or weeding the garden. Shuts 'em right up!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are so very much alike! :lol: I hear the same complaints about this slow service and I suggest the same thing....get out of that chair and go outside and see the real world. Nothing too slow or too fast out there.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Magnets.

Not being able to hear on the telephone, makes things a little different for me than those with high disconnectivity and independence. My kids rescue me now and then. DS makes calls for me while living hundreds of miles downstream. DD is often by and rescued me from locking the keys in the pickup, last year.

I've remedied the need for her to drive 4 or 5 miles after work the next time I do that. Magnet-on-a-Box, key inside. Bluetooth has had a car door lock for a smartphone for a couple years now if my Magnet-on-a-Box fails and falls off.

The last time I was in the MD's office, I told the nurse that magnets in both ears may help, for what, I'm not yet sure.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
This computer is one of my little extravagances, but I have gone days, weekends, even weeks without getting on line. The computer has replaced my Compton's and most of my cookbooks. Gardening sites are the reason I get on line and this one is my fave.

Still, I am just one step above dial-up but can't justify adding band width (or speed or whatever) for a leisure activity so the grands complain my service is too slow. I suggest cleaning the coop, mowing, or weeding the garden. Shuts 'em right up!
I bet it does, ;)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:D It could work! You never know.

I have used the magnet box for the car key for many years now....better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. I advise the kids to do the same but it seems they never get around to it, so my AAA has paid for itself in a couple of locked keys in cars and even a tow or two. Now they are too old to be on my AAA, I advise they get their own....but they haven't gotten around to it. :rolleyes:

Live and learn.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:D It could work! You never know.

I have used the magnet box for the car key for many years now....better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. I advise the kids to do the same but it seems they never get around to it, so my AAA has paid for itself in a couple of locked keys in cars and even a tow or two. Now they are too old to be on my AAA, I advise they get their own....but they haven't gotten around to it. :rolleyes:

Live and learn.
The school of hard knocks!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I went for years without electricity so it was quite a shock when I moved back to San Diego and bought my first computer. I still don't have TV or a cell phone.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went for years without electricity so it was quite a shock when I moved back to San Diego and bought my first computer. I still don't have TV or a cell phone.
I believe I could live without a T.V. really nothing worth watching.

Latest posts