Reaction score
parting is such sweet sorrow after 20 years sold big red
her last trip up the driveway
IMG_1066[1].JPG

good bye my old friend.:hit

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how we get attached to some things? We had an old 71 (?) Ford that dh had before we got married, he even proposed to me in it. Had it forever, went through a couple of engines and a transmission, when it finally left I watched it go feeling a bit sad about that part of our life being gone.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
on a happy note received an email from the dmv this morning saying that they are sending me 152.00 since i turned in my plate, and the wife is happy to get it off the insurance policy...

so now have to start looking around for a small trailer.....

Last edited:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just took a car off the insurance and saving $40 a month. It is like free money now, but DS's insurance went up. There was the old car which I just sold to the car salvage place, my truck and DS's car with full coverage. The insurance lady said it was cheaper with 3 cars on for some reason. I paid for the car and truck and he paid for his. I went down I think $40 and he went up $20. I could cover his $20 and only have $20 extra, but I need to go to Joann's. :weee

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
with big red gone it saves about 300 a yr on tags, title and inspection fees plus 225 a yr on insurance...then theres the savings of fuel diesel is running 3+ a gallon...

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
parting is such sweet sorrow after 20 years sold big red
her last trip up the driveway
View attachment 34207
good bye my old friend.:hit
:hit Awwwwww! I feel your pain....looks like it was a nice ol' truck. I recently sold a much loved vehicle and I knew it was going to a bad home....sort of felt like sending a good old reliable dog off to a place where I knew he would be abused. I still feel bad about letting that car go to them.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
she needed more love than i was willing to put into her, have always kept up on the engine, for a 7.3l w/400k it it never burned any oil the last 6 yrs have had to replace many external parts on it injector harness,oil cooler,water pump, transmission,etc.

i could have spent a butt load of money on restoring her....not,,, but his whole family are gear heads, so it did go to a good home

Latest posts