Theseedobsesser is the BOMB!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:love Thank you! :love Thank you! :love Thank you! :love A goodly supply of Cloudberry seeds arrived in my very own south-est, central-est Wisconsin mailbox today! :woot

:bow
Complete with planting and growing directions. :bow

I AM WALKING ON AIR HERE! :weee THESEEDOBSESSER :weee IS SUCH A WONDERFUL CYBER-FRIEND
:love AND TEG IS HAS THE BEST-EST MEMBERS! :clap

I've been searching for these
:drool babies :drool for over eight years.

Walking in faith here, I've already started the germination process. Gonna follow the directions to the letter and add lots of prayers for Bill, Theseedobsesser, and my precious baby seeds.

More to follow. Ya heard it first here!
:thumbsup Hip! Hip! Hooray! :thumbsup

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is day one of life in south-est, central-est Wisconsin with CLOUDBERRY seeds. Here are the mailer and directions for germinating the seeds.
Mailer and directions.JPG

Here we see the seeds floating in a mix of bleach and water. Day one of seven days in the bleach. Then we move on to step 2.
Soak\'n seeds.JPG

I am used to viable seeds sinking rather than floating. Gotta think anything called "CLOUD" might just float? I sure hope so! I wonder how much work I'll be getting done with all fingers and toes crossed for the next week? Walk'n like I gotta p.

AND DID I MENTION the whole shebang was FREE-to-ME? Gardeners are such nice people! Still, I have the feeling that somehow I've to get even. I feel weighted down with beholden-ness. I am still a bit numb. I have wanted these for so very long.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's the official scoop:
cloudberry-season-2.jpg

"One of the native plants most characteristic of Scandinavia, cloudberries (Rubus chamaemorus) are incredibly sturdy little plants that thrive in the sub-Arctic landscapes of Norway, Sweden, Canada, and upper Minnesota (talented foragers can also find them in rare patches in Washington State). So prized are they in Scandinavia (since they don't lend themselves to commercial cultivation), that gatherers keep the locations of patches well-kept secrets. The delicate berries are amber-colored and, unlike blackberries or blueberries, each one grows on a single stalk at ground level.

Although it's next to impossible to obtain fresh cloudberries in the United States (unless you know where one of those magic patches are located in Minnesota or Washington State), the cloudberry jam distributed by IKEA and other suppliers can at least allow you to experience their tart, very idiosyncratic and special flavor." From Scandinavian Food

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Washington State farmer obsessed with berries that I know, was after the Lingonberry (link).

I guess he got some plants. He was having his sister, Idaho State horticulturalist, search them out for him. He is very focused on potato and beef production so I don't know how these Lingonberries fit into his plans. Wikipedia says, "Lingonberries are a staple in Sweden, picked in the wild and used to accompany a variety of dishes."

Well, Good for SeedO! And, here is Wishing You the Best of Luck with your Cloud Berry seeds, Red!

Steve

Latest posts