They ate/dug up the seeds!

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My chickens dug up/ate my morning glory seeds I planted today :( Looks like I'm buying more once fencing is finished and I have extra to cover the seeds. :mow

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not much point in planting things near those chickens! I wanted pole beans along my garden fence last year. Planted on the other side- not the chicken side. Well, they missed one seed...They can stick their heads so far into that chain link, that it is creepy! Happy Gardening!

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They seem to lose interest once I fence it off, but come on they have half of are 42 acres to play on! (half is a cross the road) they can dig anywhere else but of course they go for the flowers/plants I planted :rolleyes:

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Morning glory seeds are supposed to have a compound something like LSD. Have your chickens taken to wearing headbands and calling each other "man"? Are they wearing tie dyed tee shirts? These are the signs to watch for. You might have some hippie chicks on your hands. :cool:

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hoodat said:
Morning glory seeds are supposed to have a compound something like LSD. Have your chickens taken to wearing headbands and calling each other "man"? Are they wearing tie dyed tee shirts? These are the signs to watch for. You might have some hippie chicks on your hands. :cool:
Great Drugged chickens :rolleyes: but it might help the one who needs her foot operated on. and if their wearing t-shirts there will be lots of pictures. :p

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Honestly, I think one could quickly recognize chickens that are hallucinating! Well, I'm reasonably confident that identifying tripping birds would be possible.

Chickens experiencing altered consciousness would express those thoughts, moods, and perceptions in discernible ways. Maybe someone would need to be an experienced observer of chicken behavior. But, still.

I mean, their behavior may not be dramatically different from the everyday but there should be slight clues to a psychedelic experience. They might stare intently as small objects on the ground, react strongly to perceived threats, bask complacently for listless moments in a fetal position, in a hole in the dirt.

Live off seeds and fruit, climb into a tree, and learn to play a flute . . .

S'

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bad chickens! Bad chickens!

So.I guess my running after them with a bloody rake and silently swearing so the neighbors cant hear wont work. :p Besides, chickens are always in an altered state. Haven't you ever watched them?! :cool:

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
hoodat said:
Hoodat, you're a hoot.......man! Now if you can do hippie chick cartoons...

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hoodat said:
Hummm. What do you think the eggs would be like??? You might be looking at a whole new market. :weee

Latest posts