They Begin!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just planted a six-pack of jalapenos. Other than the Giant one, I didn't know there were other varieties. I've grown Fresno in the past. It did ok but not as many chili's as I'd like.

Hope my jalapenos are hot this year. It drives me crazy when sometimes they're not! I don't know if it's soil or temperature or what that causes them not to be. It can't be variety because they are jalapenos!

Mary

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS', that the kind I need to grow less hot. The jalapeños I been growing seem really hot. I always try one fresh out the garden and they are to hot for my liking.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Stop it ~ quit it ~ planting this and that ~ sNOWING HERE ~ MAYBE NOT BIG SNOW ~ BUT ~ TWO OR THREE FEET ~ ONTOP OF WHAT WE HAVE ~ I'VE NO PLACE TO PUT IT ```

Well ~ go ahead have your fun ~ start your seedlings ~ talk about spring ~ how much warmer it's getting ~ Oh and this and that springing up in the yard ~Youse ~ out there in the Banana Belt ```

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I grew Fooled You once and it was fine.

However, I'd like something between no heat and too much. Early Jalapeno is quite robust but I also find that it's a little tough. I like jalapenos because I can eat enuf of them to taste the pepper and I like the taste :). These others, DW beats them down with tomato, green onions and cilantro for salsa. Then, we cautiously dip our forks in that sauce first before scooping up something else!

I've remembered that I once grew Jalapa. It was a hybrid and just great! But, there's the problem with hybrids for me. We are dependent on the seed companies for them ... and, they may pull the plug on 'em!

Steve

Latest posts