think Placebos might Work for You?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm waiting for pot to become legal nation-wide, so I can get some of the drinks or cookies they are coming up with in Colorado. I know that is a real touchy subject for lots of folks, but why can't we treat it like we do opiates or other narcotics? I'm not much for breaking the law, even if they are unreasonable, so I guess I will wait for a while.
Peteyfoozer, it's hard to tell if the infusions are helping Mom or not. She is to the age and physical/emotional stage that "everything hurts" and she dwells on it as it grows bigger and bigger in her mind. I think she would be a great candidate for a placebo, but I don't think her RA doctor would go along with that. The only thing that would make her feel better is if she were 35 again and had her husband and her house back. :(

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mickey328 said:
. . . Thankfully, my arthritis is osteo . . .
Well, I'm back from my walk - covered over a mile as is my standard these days. I can get the pulse up to 120 (my target) before the halfway point. Just can't take any break on a park bench. I don't know if 30+ minutes of walking makes much difference but it is about all I can handle without the break & a good long one, at that.

The only thing to be thankful for with osteoarthritis is that you have made it to at least age 25, Mickey. Supposedly, even without symptoms, that's when evidence of OA shows up. By age 40, about.com tells us, 90% of us have at least some symptoms of OA :/ .

With some, it amounts to something . . . with others, it doesn't amount to much.

Steve

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Actually, I blame gardening for "blowing out" my knees, LOL. Just kidding...I'm sure it didn't help but it sure didn't cause it. I was in my early 30's when my knees started to get bad and as I've aged (57 now), other joints have joined in the sqwaking. My left shoulder "froze" a few years ago, but a cortisone shot fixed it right up; it's starting in to aching a bit again, but I'm not complaining too much....had a good 12 years or more of totally pain free movement with it. The right one had a rotator cuff issue which I got fixed in 2009...then promptly fell and busted my hip all to heck and back less than 2 weeks later :( Evidently damaged the meniscus in my right knee on the way down. They trimmed that arthroscopically and the doc said then that it's bad in there...no other surgery to fix it other than a replacement. Reckon I'll just have to live with it cuz there are no funds for that kind of thing! The left one is at least as bad if not worse.

Still, any day you wake up is a new opportunity, and the good thing about OA is that although it hurts like spit at first, it does ease up after you get to moving.