This is for Seed

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@seedcorn , a few weeks ago you requested pics of my hops (at least I think that's what you wanted), so here are two pictures of them swallowing the dog run.

This was taken 5/18
20180518_173620.jpg

And this was 5/31, they have reached the top and are laying on the roof growing and searching for a handhold up into the trees. They climb way up into the trees every summer. It's a great covering vine. Mine have been in maybe 12 years...? I lose track of time, but it hasn't been less than that. The ones I dug up and planted outside the chicken pen are doing okay. They would be doing better if the hens didn't take the leaves off every time they poke into the pen.

20180531_154100.jpg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Impressive growth. Refresh my memory what you do with all the hops? Local beer making franchise?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Impressive growth. Refresh my memory what you do with all the hops? Local beer making franchise?

Yes. Putting Budweiser out of business. I have the horse for my own commercials....

No, just kidding. I don't do anything with the hops. I just really like the vine because it's a fast grower.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you ever tasted one? There should be something that can be done with them. Even Kale can be used for something.

Your tastebuds are probably more sensitive than mine so I'll send you a boxful. You may like it even more than kale and come up with your own cookbook! "Hop Into Healthy Cooking by Seedcorn".