this makes a bad day .....good

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
being the director of maintenance of a tire retreader have to deal with everything that breaks down.
some days it's a cake walk and others are just a blooming nightmare.

this right here just makes either a good or bad day worth while coming home too.
DSC_0001.JPG

ever since we adopted nola she has become daddys girl, everyday the girls take me for a walk as soon as i get home, once that's done they get their cookies and soon as the shoes are off nola jumps up and has a little snuggle time. there are times that nola falls asleep and starts snoring..
dd brought her home from the doggie daycare where she works, since ava and her were already buddies
it worked out here.
we bonded in days and ever since she pretty much only listens to me now, and is my shadow wherever i go. and yes ava is still number 1 girl here at the house...

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Or woman's! My rescued dog is constantly at my knee. The only time Cee Cee isn't tossing a cold nose against the back of my leg is when we visit her boxer friend up the road or when I leave her in the car. I'd much rather leave her at home, but she prefers going for car rides even if she has to wait for me to finish my lunch.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
How sweet! Dogs are really man's best friends!
I am still trying to figure out this comment from this poster ;).

Garbanzo much prefers to hang around with DW than with me. I don't know why this is because DW sure didn't think she was a "dog person" before Bonzo showed up! I try to be as nice to this tiny dog as possible and have yet to step on her or anything.

She really loves to go for rides but if DW isn't going - forget it. I've tricked her a few times but she must have thought that was nearly as bad as being stepped on. Yeah, she's in the livingroom with DW right now, sleeping in my chair! She runs to me if DW leaves the house and we commiserate over the sadness of it all. If DW is angry with her, she runs and climbs in my lap.

Cats. Bonzo is death on 'em! At least, she imagines she is. Hopefully, she is quick enuf to get away from them if they ever turn to fight! Let's see . . . I find that a male Siamese cat weighs from 10 to 15 pounds! Bonzo weighs 6#.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, is it your DW that usually feeds Bonzo? Lots of times, a pet will be more fond of their food source. Self preservation, and all that.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DW does usually give her some food but it's about 50:50.

We both make a little effort to make her dog food a little more yummy with some meat or broth. I think Garbanzo may get fat if she.ever.slows.down! Or, goes from 16 hours to 20 hours/day of sleep.

She is DD's dog but DD doesn't have a place for her right now. I guess she's a "girl's best friend." She is a tiny bit aggressive around strangers unless she is with me. Never bitten anyone. She's 4 this month so she is what she is, I guess.

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Dogs love the person that shows them the best time. I'm the dog whisperer with my two dogs at my house and many other people's dogs want to go home with ME, but this week my youngest DD is home car shopping, and "Rose" is sleeping by her bed at night.
I don't care WHO my dog prefers as long as my dog listens to my commands.
Btw, I have a Velcro dog, who is a Lab mix and often crawls her 70 pounds into my lap.
Majorcatfish, that picture is adorable. :love

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
How wonderful! Nothing like coming home to a dog! What is that saying? If only I was half the person my dog thought I was! I really can't imagine my world without a dog...

Latest posts