This ought to be a good one.....who is from BYC??

saym

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
To Boggybranch..what is TEG?
I have managed to find info I needed on BYC.. I go into the nevada thread and it seems like a little social circle of people from the western and southern part of the state..as far as I know there are opn;ly two people here in the NE corner, so I guess we don't constitute a social circle..so we feel pretty isolated waaay over here.
I am hoping this gardening forum will be good as the weather gets better..

callemin

Sprout
Reaction score
I'm from BYC, I made my first post here tonight and still no response. I'm not mad but I guess I am used to very quick reply's on BYC.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
callemin said:
I'm from BYC, I made my first post here tonight and still no response. I'm not mad but I guess I am used to very quick reply's on BYC.
Welcome! This forum isn't as "busy" as BYC, so replies can be slower, and fewer. But just as friendly and helpful! :)

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hi SweetMissDaisy, It was dead on here for a while but it's like spring, waking up. Anyway, welcome. When everyone gets to gardening it will gey busier. About that....I planted petunias, candytuft, nemesia and cosmo's today. We put in potatoes yesterday. Our peas are coming up and so is the rhubarb.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh yes ... like spring waking up is a good comparison! It's nice to see more posts!

It's fun to see people posting photos of their garden spaces now ... either still covered in snow, and itchin' to get planting, or a bit farther along, like you seem to be! :)

You mentioned rhubarb..... Just last night I was just drooling over seed cattys and the thought of summer rhubarb. I'm in central TX (but am FROM WA and OR, where it grows without any problems). While it can be grown here in TX, best to do so over the winter months. And it's not a perennial here... just tooooo hot in the summertime and the heat does the plant in.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'm in zone 8b and since it's desert we do get high temps even at 2500 feet. We also get wind, wind and more wind. Our rhubarb is in partial shade which helps but we do have to plant it differently. Our winters sometimes get down in the teens also.

Latest posts