This ought to be a good one.....who is from BYC??

BarkerChickens

Leafing Out
Reaction score
desertwillow said:
Hi barkerchickens, your garden sounds fabulous. We'll have to get together sometime and compare gardens. We're not much into the hot peppers but we did grow radishes and we have green bell peppers. Do you have chickens too? I have nine hens and get about 6-8 eggs a day. I also have a rooster named Daddy"O. We just added an extension off the back of the chicken house for more chickens and an additional section for another aviary. I have finches in one cage and English parakeets and canaries in the other. I have a friend that is going to give me one of each of her pullets so I'll have five more varieties. I'm not putting a rooster in with them.
We have 28 hens and 1 rooster (who keeps himself busy...we recently set eggs and had an 80+% hatch rate! Pretty good for one roo!). We currently have 12 chicks...11 are ~2 wks old and one that is 1 weeks old. I am considering keeping a roo from the batch of chicks, but we'll see. The 10 week old is a roo and he is mean (bad biter!). DebiRaymond (from BYC) has talked about planning a BYC chicken stock (get together) here in the high desert. It'd be in her house or mine...both of us live in Hesperia. I don't see why we couldn't expand it to a BYC/TEG get together. Most BYC'ers seem to garden anyway. :)

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
BarkerChickens said:
desertwillow said:
Hi barkerchickens, your garden sounds fabulous. We'll have to get together sometime and compare gardens. We're not much into the hot peppers but we did grow radishes and we have green bell peppers. Do you have chickens too? I have nine hens and get about 6-8 eggs a day. I also have a rooster named Daddy"O. We just added an extension off the back of the chicken house for more chickens and an additional section for another aviary. I have finches in one cage and English parakeets and canaries in the other. I have a friend that is going to give me one of each of her pullets so I'll have five more varieties. I'm not putting a rooster in with them.
We have 28 hens and 1 rooster (who keeps himself busy...we recently set eggs and had an 80+% hatch rate! Pretty good for one roo!). We currently have 12 chicks...11 are ~2 wks old and one that is 1 weeks old. I am considering keeping a roo from the batch of chicks, but we'll see. The 10 week old is a roo and he is mean (bad biter!). DebiRaymond (from BYC) has talked about planning a BYC chicken stock (get together) here in the high desert. It'd be in her house or mine...both of us live in Hesperia. I don't see why we couldn't expand it to a BYC/TEG get together. Most BYC'ers seem to garden anyway. :)
Sounds good to me.......

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
desertwillow said:
BarkerChickens said:
desertwillow said:
Sounds good to me.......
sounds good to me too.

VVolfpack

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I started at BYC, Actually, the reason I have a garden is because i figured since I have chickens I should put my free fertilizer and bug control to work :D