This ought to be a good one.....who is from BYC??

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My garden is doing great. We had summer squash for dinner tonight along with a tomato. There is nothing like a home grown tomato. I have zucchini and okra about ready and a few hads of cabbage still growing/ It's hot-102 today- so the tomatoes will ripen quicker. I need to get some shade cloth out to protect them so they will set fruit a little longer.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm a BYC-er as well! Signed up BYC after I got my chicks in May of 2011 and signed here about the time BYC was down this January. I 'lost' the site for a while until earlier this summer - while waiting fruitlessly for rain - I found this place again and have been enjoying the gardening talk ever since.

I go by the same handle in both - heck, I'm in Herds, too - so that's three Backyard sites. Need my gardens, love my chickens, and find the fertilizer bunny useful and fun.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's good to see new people on here from all over. I stop in on occaision as I don't always get notices. I garden in the desert which is a challenge at times but I do pretty well with my vegetables and my roses and bearded iris. I have all colors of iris and I like the tall bearded iris best. Some of mine are rebloomers but they don't always rebloom due to heat and no matter how much water I give them, I don't think it's enough. My roses bloom almost all summer, again some don't due to excessive heat but there is only one or two. I look forward to chatting with you.

arienwolf

Leafing Out
Reaction score
:bun HI. I started in BYC too, nice to be here learning!

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Been kicking around BYC for a while now...just mosied over here today

Latest posts