This ought to be a good one.....who is from BYC??

Sammimom

Sprout
Reaction score
My DH calls BYC my "chicken crack," so I guess now I can have garden crack also...

;)

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When I first arrived on Backyardchickens.com It was about 2001 or 2002. I used to use the screen name RuneWunju.

Years went by and I met Amigocontodos (Todd) and he gave me a nickname AuntieRon, well it sort of stuck.

Since the breakup of the old BYC and the new BYC I find it hard to post on the original since the traffic it just too slow. The new BYC is too busy and I cannot even catch up with posts.

Here I get to relax and keep up with people's thoughts and feelings. This makes me feel at home. Seems to me when I was at BYC I mostly found myself in discussions about gardening anyways. I do love my chickens, but now I have seen several generations move through my flowerbeds. The names are long and the days are short. My newest two chicks, standard silver partridge cochins, I have not even named yet. I have them integrated into the flock and they seem just as happy without a personal relationship with the keeper.

I guess that is it. I doubt you will see many posts from AuntieRon, I believe I have finally phased that screen name out.

Ron :p

headred

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Me too! Let's see, what came first, the duck or the garden?? Do I have ducks to create compost or do I have the garden to feed the ducks?? I'm sooo torn as to who to feed the leftovers to, the ducks or the compost pile??? I'm so confused!

detali

Sprout
Reaction score
well, If you throw your garden and kitchen scraps into the poultry yard, especially is you keep the yard covered with a straw mulch, your poultry will help turn all that stuff into compost for you with a whole lot less work on your part. Then every so often you rake the poultry yard out, add new straw to start the process all over again. And you will have near finished compost for your garden.

Latest posts